Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
cok feather / drop away rests? >

cok feather / drop away rests?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cok feather / drop away rests?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Spike

Default cok feather / drop away rests?

i shoot with my cok feather up, Ive seen others shoot with it down.. doesn't it make more sense with it up? i said " why dont you have it up" they just say it doesnt matter on a drop away, which i may not but still point it up!!! right?
Old 09-04-2009, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot with it up as well just becuase thats how I did it with the WB. I am sure it probably doesn't matter. The rest falls out of the way. I just see it as a little better chance of the vanes not touching the rest with the current setup.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

Your supposed to have it up on most drop aways. It's the way most of them say to do it on the packedge, and it makes more sense just to have a cok feather not going by your rest.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

i was taught that the cok feather was pointing away from the riser so it wont hit the riser i use a WB and my dad shoots the same way too
Old 09-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Have always shoot with the cok feather up... My dad has always shot the same way so naturally thats how i've done it for the last twenty years. The other day I noticed my firend had his down, I was like Dude what are you doing!! He said what does it matter, he had just put on a new Drop away, I was like UMMMM WELL I AAA... hell I don't know its just freakin me out lol
Old 09-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

On most drop aways,it doesn't matter how you place the c0ck feather if they are timed properly.Yet,another reason I prefer feathers for hunting,what if you nock the arrow wrong in the moment of truth and don't have adequate clearance? Feathers will fly true.

My Whammy has prongs like a standard prong rest,as do many other fallaways and shooting c0ck down is more suitable.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot with index vane at 9:00 position for cable clearance. I shoot a BowTech Extreme VFT with a Dropzone rest.

Last edited by RIStrutStopper; 09-04-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: The filter doesn't like the word c*ck so I changed it to index
Old 09-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

I was told the objective of the **** feather was to make sure you were placing the arrow on the nock the same way everytime. The only different between it and the other vanes is the color. I shoot a WB rest, so I just put each arrow on the nock and twist until there's clearance, this way they all end up the same. I don't see how a drop-away is any different as to up, down, left or right the **** feather is, as long it's always in the same spot so you're assured proper clearance of the cables and prongs.