Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How would this work? >

How would this work?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How would this work?

Old 09-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default How would this work?

I had a question about hunting licenses and permits. Theyres a kid im going to school with and he iis from missouri but he is currently living at school which is in Illinois. He has an Illinois address for school so he can be in district but his permanent addy is in missouri. He wants to bow hunt here in Illinois. Would he have to buy a non-resident or could he get a resident tag. I wasnt for sure but i thought he would be able to purchase a resident tag.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

One of those things it's best to call the dnr and ask. On the other hand I haven't just called and asked one deparment. Sometimes it seems the person you talk to is just, well you know. If I call 2 different places and get the same answer that's it for me.

Just call the number they give to call and be sure, I'm thinking based on past experiences he's an out of stater, sucks but what ya gona do.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

he could get a resident tag he just has to prove that he goes to school there using a school id or some type of paperwork usually
Old 09-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unless he has established residency in IL, I believe he would have to go the non-res route. But IL regs are about as confusing as they come.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Well i talked to him and he got his DL changed to IL..so he can hunt and his tuition will be even cheaper..he said he would get to hunt more here than back home. So looks like i got me a new hunting partner. But i guess from talking to him hes not sure about going back home to hunt missouri and use his land owner tags he has there. Not sure if there would be an issue or not.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Legally you can only claim residency in one state. If he owns land in missouri and it is legal for a non resident to get landowner tags he should be ok. I know in Iowa non resident landowner have to apply as non residents, each state is different.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

I know in NY if you are going to school full time or stationed in state in the military you can buy a license as a resident. Call or check the state's website and I'm sure they will be able to tell you
Old 09-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Spike

The Missouri regs were changed this year regarding non-resident landowner. So if he decides to go that route he will need to check the new regs.