Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need opinions on 2 monsters. >

Need opinions on 2 monsters.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need opinions on 2 monsters.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only can say this much....
Attached Thumbnails Need opinions on 2 monsters.-useless.gif  
Old 09-01-2009, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see I wasn't the only one who suggested waiting until afternoon to hunt that area. I'll check back in tonight to hear about how you didn't shoot either of the two bucks you were after.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

after sleeping on it and waking up at 4am. i decided to hunt them in the evening. no1 said it would be easy either way. they are public land bucks. i cant get pics of them unless i put one of them down. how many of us on here own a camera capable of taking pics at 600-700 yards and i damn sure aint putting trail cameras on piblic land!!! lol. im gonna try to hunt the powerlines this evening which i hope is between thier new feeding and bedding area. only problem is im not sure if they came into the field last nite and fed thier way back to thier usual bedding area. either way ill post what happens this evening.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

by the way. i didnt plan to hunt the morning for option A or B but when they were spooked across the field towards the powerlines i had easy access to get behind them while they were in the field eatn in the early am. i only decided against it because they may have been coming across the powerlines to feed when i was setting up.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

got to the hunting spot at 130 and there were 3 trucks allready parked there. i went to where i watched the bucks run to last nite. sat on the powerlines had 9 doe and fawn and 2 lil bucks come by. the big boys no showed. they are probably spooked into the next county. when i walked out there were 8 trucks total counting mine. pretty rediculous! i few big bucks show themselves and we go crazy. lol. now i know why i hunt my aunts private land. ill for sure be there the rest of the week. ill more than likely sneek in on the public land and try to get on one of those monsters mid october unless i get on a nice one at my aunts farm. good luck everyone and thanks for your opinions.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buddy sorry to hear that, but i think you have to come to the realazation that those bucks are gone for this season, you might have some siteing's in this next week but i would say that is it, unless you can pull Rabits out of hats!!! That sucks thats why i love my Private land, 6 guys get to hunt 700 acres!!! I love it..

-NICK
Old 09-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

thats why i love my aunts farm me and my father have about 200acres mostly to ourselves. uncle and cousin hunt it but they hang around the field edges. i usually hunt in the thickest part of the property. the big boys love the thick stuff!!
Old 09-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

GL this season, bro

-NICK
Old 09-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck the rest of the season! too bad you couldnt get a shot at one of those big boys on the first day before they felt too much pressure.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

Public land can be pretty difficult to hunt..If you can find ONE spot where there isn't pressure, on the other side of that secluded bean field then you would probably have yourself a nice buck. Get into a less pressured area VERY early and wait for those 8 hunters to bust every deer in the woods right to you..