Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Dark Horses Over rated? >

Dark Horses Over rated?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dark Horses Over rated?

Old 08-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dark Horses Over rated?

I have been dealing with the whole.......We are the champions tour with these clowns and I think they will be crying the blues early and often this year. I know the teams have not been picked this year and god I hope I get with some regulars. Anyways, I have several predictions I would like to make for the Darkhosesass........

Prediction #1. Four of their team members will eat their tags.
Prediction #2. They will not score one buck over 138.
Prediction #3. They will have seven stories of seeing 9 bucks in the 160's but will not get a shot off.
Prediction #4. One team member will claim equipment malfunction at the critical time.
Prediction #5. Damn tresspassers........
Prediction #6. Quicksilver will use an illegal glueing system on his own buck......

If anyone else would like to make a prediction/excuse please copy and paste........
Old 08-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Prediction #7. They will break their previous record and score 900+ inches
Prediction #8. They will have 3 or more bucks that gross over 125
Prediction #9. Other hunters will get frustrated and they will reap record profits from their popular "Huntingnet Bowhunting Contest Success Kits"
Old 08-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob~~~

What I would give to have ol Team Buck Luck back again...ya know we would have it in the bag this year wiht no doubt!!

Ohhh well Gd luck with whatever team you end up on!!
Old 08-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are stacked with regulars to the forum... Any other team gets the guys who come in and leave the next day never to be seen again.. If they DONT win whats that saying about them.. They have 11 guys who actually come on the forum and hunt.. I had around 5 maybe 6 last year who hunted and even less that ever checked in... That makes it quite hard for a new team to beat them..
Old 08-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

I myself do not think the winning team should be held together the next year. I do not know anyone on the winning team and was not even on this site last season, joined in Feb. What I am saying is that this is done for fun and bragging rights. If all the new or not so active folks on here sees that they dont have a chance against a team that happened to get lucky to team up with others that are also hard core hunters and that will stay together the next year are we going to dampen their spirit in wanting to be or stay active on this site? This should be about making new freinds and having fun with new members on your randomly picked team and let the bucks fall where they may.
Yes I am in the contest and will be no matter what, just want this to be as fun and fair as possible for all that sign-up.
JMO
Thanks, Kenny
Old 08-08-2009, 05:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by fingerz42
They are stacked with regulars to the forum... Any other team gets the guys who come in and leave the next day never to be seen again.. If they DONT win whats that saying about them.. They have 11 guys who actually come on the forum and hunt.. I had around 5 maybe 6 last year who hunted and even less that ever checked in... That makes it quite hard for a new team to beat them..

I know, I get frustrated every year on guys/gals that show up and disappear. Teams are the luck of the draw and I'm sure some will be disappointed this year as we have a TON of newbies. That's not to say they are not giant buck killers though. Hopefully it'll work out for ya, and everyone has a good time. I should be picking teams next weekend the 15th. That way we can get the alternate list started and pray we have full teams once we start the team threads. I have a feeling it's not going to go smooth.

Looks like we'll be down a few teams this year as well. First year we had 23 if I remember correctly. Last year we had 50. Sign of the times I guess.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

less team could just mean a tighter contest maybe rob.
we will never get away from the no shows. its a given. just something we have to deal with.
but to keep up with the original post here are some predictions.

#10 darkhorses will once again score big numbers.
#11 they will have competition this year (dont know from who yet)
#12 and im gonna be the first to go ahead and say it. They very well might win it again.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our team was picked at random and we had a no show the first year we won it. So all the people that say I had people never show up,so did we. We had som compitition last year in the beginning. I don't think it dampems any spirits it gives you a target to shoot for.

My predection is the Dark Horses make it 3 in a row with over 900" of bone on the ground.

Originally Posted by camokenny
I myself do not think the winning team should be held together the next year. I do not know anyone on the winning team and was not even on this site last season, joined in Feb. What I am saying is that this is done for fun and bragging rights. If all the new or not so active folks on here sees that they dont have a chance against a team that happened to get lucky to team up with others that are also hard core hunters and that will stay together the next year are we going to dampen their spirit in wanting to be or stay active on this site? This should be about making new freinds and having fun with new members on your randomly picked team and let the bucks fall where they may.
Yes I am in the contest and will be no matter what, just want this to be as fun and fair as possible for all that sign-up.
JMO
Thanks, Kenny
Old 08-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like i said im gonna give you guys props. you put the time and preperation in and make it happen when it comes down to it. Just means I have to work a little harder to try and help my team out.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

You said it... you had "A" no show.. thats one... lol... Most teams have 4-5-6 no shows after the initial check in.. Since youre team has so many regulars it definitely gives you an advantage..

I'll have some newb "bigbuckkiller69" with two posts under the profile and one was in the furtrapping section asking if anyone has seen his socks.. Sweet..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.