Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kodiak KO32 vs Bowtech Mighty Might >

Kodiak KO32 vs Bowtech Mighty Might

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kodiak KO32 vs Bowtech Mighty Might

Old 05-07-2003, 07:02 AM

Default Kodiak KO32 vs Bowtech Mighty Might

Okay....

Let' s here some comments....
Has anyone shot these Kodiak KO32' s?
Trying to convince a friend to buy a bow....he' s trying to decide
between a couple of bows.....

KODIAK KO32
BOWTECH MIGHTY MIGHT OR TECH 29
ALPINE RAVAGE

Please help out here!
Old 05-07-2003, 09:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Kodiak KO32 vs Bowtech Mighty Might

I cannot comment on the other two but I will say that I have had a pretty favorable impression of the Mighty Mite since shooting it a month or so ago. The bow is put together very well both in terms of design and components and, ofcourse, the speed is there as well.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

I have not shot the Mighty mite in quite some time, but I have shot the KO32 recently, and here are my initial impressions (keep in mind I did not do any extensive shooting, just flinging around 30 - 40 arrows through it):

Setup: the bow was set up at 28.5 inches, 70 pounds and 80% letoff. No site, no stabilizer, no peep, just a string loop and a TM hunter rest. The only sound dampening was what came standard on the bow.
Positives:
1. Looks.......the KO bows look outstanding, thumbs up...
2. Limb pockets.....while they might not be quite as tight as ome of the other systems out there, they are very tight with no slop in them at all....again, thumbs up
3. Weight.....I did not find the bow to be overly heavy or overly light. I was able to hold it very steady.
4. Adjustments.....I like bows with a good bit of adjustments on the cams (that' s why I shoot a cam.5), and the KO fits the bill nicely here. Plenty of adjustments, everything from draw length to let-off with allen wrenches.
5. Accessories.....the KO accessories that are made by Kodiak are excellent and I would not hesitate at all to shoot them. They are all top notch machining, and built very solid.

Negatives:
1. Vibration....I felt some discrenable vibration in the grip upon the shot. This can be resolved with a good stabilizer so not a major problem.
2. Noise......Although not overly loud, it was definitely louder than my Razortec. Adding a few SVL items and it will be deadly quiet. Again, not a major problem, but still a little noisier none the less.
3. Grip......while very pretty, it was bulkier than i care to shoot. I prefer shooting small grips and this one was too large for my tastes. Personal preference, but for me it was a negative.

Unknowns:
1. The little sound knobs on the side of the riser may be apt to break off under hunting conditions. In other words, if you drag your bow through thickets like I do, they may just come off. It is an unknown since I did not go trampling through the woods with it.
2. Speed.....I did not get to put it through a chrony, but it did seem be fairly quick.

Overall, I would not hesitat shooting this bow if I had not just purchased a Razortec in December. I have no hesitations at all in recommending this bow to anyone, and I believe anyone looking at a new bow should definitely give it a good look over. This would make a great hunting bow. I wanted to shoot the KO36, but my dealer did not have any in stock. This bow has the looks, feels, machining and quality of a 600$ bow at a much better price.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:24 PM

Thanks Reylamb!