Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Considering a new climber, which one? >

Considering a new climber, which one?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Considering a new climber, which one?

Old 06-12-2009, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Considering a new climber, which one?

I am considering a new climber, which one? Lone Wolf, Summit, API all look good. I like the looks of the new Summit Razor, sit and climb and then you can fold back the the bar for an open front. I have had a climber in the past about 15 years ago but prefer the stability of my hang-ons. I need to be more mobile especially whenI hunt out of state this year.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Considering a new climber, which one?

Take a look at Millenium's climber (http://www.huntingsolutionsusa.com/). I have used their hang on and their climber and are without a doubt the most comfortable stands I have ever had my butt in.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

I am considering a new climber, which one? Lone Wolf, Summit, API all look good. I like the looks of the new Summit Razor, sit and climb and then you can fold back the the bar for an open front. I have had a climber in the past about 15 years ago but prefer the stability of my hang-ons. I need to be more mobile especially whenI hunt out of state this year.
I seriously considered the Razor when I got my Vipers. It does look like a great stand. The only thing that scared me off is that I have a serious mistrust of moving parts that support my body weightwhen I'm climbing. It may just be in my mind, but that's all it takes. In fact, I don't like any moving parts on my climbers, which is one thing I really like about Summits. Still, I do like the looks and the reports of "quietness"of the Lone Wolf stands. If I did buy one though, I'd probably swap that seat out and put a Summit seat on it.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should check out the Realtree Outfitters Series for Cabelas by Summit. Its a steal of a treestand. Its a Summit Viper, that includes the foot rest, harness, dvd, and realtree ezhanger for $249.99! It also comes in realtree ap instead of the summit camo. You can't beat that price with accessories.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Compact, light and small, comfy, fairly priced = Summit OpenShot
Old 06-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cougar Claw with out a doubt.

http://www.cougarclawusa.com/treestands.htm
Old 06-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my summit. I can sit in it all day with no problem. Mine folds flat, I love that about it too.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Banned

Go on Trophylines site; they make the tree saddle. Watch the 2 John Eberhardt videos. I am going to try the tree saddle ambush this year. It only weighs 1.5 lbs. Now that is light!! I have been researchin them a bunch. Guys say they are comfortable for all da yhunting and they even sleep in them safely. Probably the safest treestand out there.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my Summit razor. very comfortable, I wish the bar was out longer and stayed up higher as i climb. I usually fold it under when i'm hunting
Old 06-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Spike

I have a high point and its solid as a rock. Also as comfy as any other I've sat in. I've had it for two years and I love it. I feel extremely safe in it. I matched it with the HSS Lifeline and it works great.

Quick Reply: Considering a new climber, which one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.