Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Considering a new climber, which one? >

Considering a new climber, which one?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Considering a new climber, which one?

Old 06-14-2009, 03:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Considering a new climber, which one?

TreeWalker!!

Many guys here are selling their Summits and Lone Wolf stands to buy one after trying them. They have taken the Climbing treestand market by storm in this area.

Dan
Old 06-14-2009, 05:00 AM
Spike

Well,,, This guy will not be selling his Summit Goliath or his API Magnum,,,, Both of these stands are well built rock solid choices... I am 6'7" 320 lbs and with my gear in the tree I am certain the weight limits are severely tested...Fast quiet and easy set up in the dark,,No squeaks... No noise... No issues period.. The Summit I give the nod too as it is my newer stand.. It climbs trees in many states annually..and will be in a tree near you this fall

For my money ,, You can't beat these 2... Until they come out with one with a chemical toilet.. I could stay in the stand for days..LOL

NH
Old 06-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit Titan here. I'm 6'5" and 215 lbs and it feels very safe and secure. It's got the largest platform of all the Summits and its very, very comfy.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

i love my summit viper. quiet and comfortable!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

another Summit Goliath vote here
Old 06-16-2009, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had my Summit Goilath for 4 seasons, hundreds of climbs with it, and it hasn't disappointed me yet. My wife runs a Viper, and she loves hers too. IMO, no other treestand is this comfortable nor as easy to set up. With them being all welded, there is nothing to rattle either when you are climbing or descending. NCRemington, who posted above, was sold on the Summit after I talked him in to it, we are both big dudes, unfortunately I outweigh him by 100+ pounds but my Summit still doesn't complain one bit.

As for the TreeSaddle, two of my friends used them and their balls were numb for days. The "all day hunting" people say you can do in them must be for someone either with a tiny member or just an itty bitty person.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Summit Open Shot and I love it! It is very light and portable and also stealthy.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I purchased the Lone wolf sit and climb last year after my Summit (which I purchased from GMMAT) got stolen and WOW what a stand I love it! I suggest you go to a shop that has a pole you can try them out and see what you like!
Old 06-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

I have been real pleased with my summit viper and have been thinking about getting the razor.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

I've had my Summit Goilath for 4 seasons, hundreds of climbs with it, and it hasn't disappointed me yet. My wife runs a Viper, and she loves hers too. IMO, no other treestand is this comfortable nor as easy to set up. With them being all welded, there is nothing to rattle either when you are climbing or descending. NCRemington, who posted above, was sold on the Summit after I talked him in to it, we are both big dudes, unfortunately I outweigh him by 100+ pounds but my Summit still doesn't complain one bit.

As for the TreeSaddle, two of my friends used them and their balls were numb for days. The "all day hunting" people say you can do in them must be for someone either with a tiny member or just an itty bitty person.
Mike speaks the truth. I love how the Summit's are all welded. That makes them very quiet and easy to manuever. Once I had a bit of practice with my Titan, I'm able to get it secured to the tree in no time...and quietly too.

The first time I sat down in the Titan my butt said "ahhhhhh".

Quick Reply: Considering a new climber, which one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.