Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Am I Pulling Enough Weight? >

Am I Pulling Enough Weight?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Am I Pulling Enough Weight?

Old 06-12-2009, 05:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Am I Pulling Enough Weight?

Because, afterall...who would know more? The Company that had a team of Engineers working feverishly, through hours andhours and weeks and weeksof testing and redesigns... Or GMMAT "knower of all" !!!
Remember what I told you the other day,Bob. You prove me right........on and on and on.

Who WOULD know more? My recommendation was based on 12 deer taken with the 2" head pushing KE of well over 60FP's. Rob's setup (which is the example I gave on the 1.5" model) was pushing over 70FP's.

So yeah....who DO you believe? The people trying to sell something??? Or....the people you know who use the products int he field??????

Make your own decisions....and keep yourwhiny commentsto yourself. It's not becoming. I do find it funny (and befitting your M.O., GR8) that two others after me posted, advising against mechanicals, alsp....at this DW. Yet "I" am the "knower of all"???? Predictable....

BTW Bob....I suspect you'll be feverishly defending Scent Lok and Scent Blocker companies, using the "logic" of yours I quoted, above. Good luck with that!
Old 06-12-2009, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

I would agree with most of what has been said so far. Is 46 lbs enough? yes, I believe ted nugent only shoots a 52 lb bow and love him or hate him he kills a lot of game with it. I also think that it never hurts to pull a little more weight if you can do it comfortably. So i would recommend continuing to practice and every week or so give your limbs a quarter turn, before you know it i bet you will be comfortably shooting at several more lbs of draw weight. As far which broadhead to use I also think you should stick to a cut on contact broad head. Take a look at magnus stingers, they would work well for your set up - good luck!
Old 06-12-2009, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Because, afterall...who would know more? The Company that had a team of Engineers working feverishly, through hours andhours and weeks and weeksof testing and redesigns... Or GMMAT "knower of all" !!!
Remember what I told you the other day,Bob. You prove me right........on and on and on.

Who WOULD know more? My recommendation was based on 12 deer taken with the 2" head pushing KE of well over 60FP's. Rob's setup (which is the example I gave on the 1.5" model) was pushing over 70FP's.

So yeah....who DO you believe? The people trying to sell something??? Or....the people you know who use the products int he field??????

Make your own decisions....and keep yourwhiny commentsto yourself. It's not becoming. I do find it funny (and befitting your M.O., GR8) that two others after me posted, advising against mechanicals, alsp....at this DW. Yet "I" am the "knower of all"???? Predictable....

BTW Bob....I suspect you'll be feverishly defending Scent Lok and Scent Blocker companies, using the "logic" of yours I quoted, above. Good luck with that!

Im with you GMMAT, with that setup I definetly wouldnt use any type of mechanicals.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Only problem with that new rage is.....don't believe everything they tell ya.

1.5" STILL eats up a lot of energy, going through an animal. It's essentially the same head as the Rocky Mtn. Sniper. Rob/PA's been shooting those heads for years. Pass-thrus are NOT the norm.

I still wouldn't shoot that head (ANY of them) with less than 60FP/KE.

Get the right head.....tune your bow/arrow combo.....and you have all you need to kill NC deer and most NA big game.

Good luck.

I have to agree with Jeff. The people at Rage have a product to sell, and theiroriginal broadheads have swept the market in just a few short years. It is probably the most used expandable available today. The only complaint you hear about is the lack of pass throughs. In order to remain competetive they created their new head which they can market as a head for lower poundage bows. The problem with that is, low poundage bows should never shoot expandables. Everybody else is talking about the need for a COC head when the poundage is low, and then magically along comes Rage and these hunters can now use an expandable, I don't think so.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

My opinion has always been, you really have to take published research done by a manufacturing company selling a product with a grain of salt. Some of the finding will be true and some of the findings will be biased. Independant tests are much better. Lknhuntress will not use a mechanical anyway due to the KE and a few other factors.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should be fine...that is the weight my wife shoots and has 0 issues as long as your accurate and make a good shot.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

No Jeff I rarely remember anything you say..cuz it's rarely worth remembering. I said it's a NEW head they are coming out with..you've used it already??? In the field?? WOW??Don't tell me it's the same design as this or that.

As for scent-lok and scent blocker..you've defended them for years...what it's not the flavor of the day anymore .

I was never talking to you, until you chimed in negating my response to a thread.

Way to take yet another HNI thread and make it all about you... But we are used to it !! Hell we've seen 20,000+++ "look at me posts"
Old 06-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

"I" made it about "me"?.....LOL

Don't blame me cuz YOU stepped in it![8D]

And BTW....YES...I DID have some of these 1.5" heads before they hit the market.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

46lbs is plenty. Shoot straight and aim true. I would say use a head no bigger than 1" and a COC is the best choice. I wouldn't shoot an expandable tho.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

Use the poundage you can handle.I shoot 60 lbs.Shooting in July is alot different than shooting in Dec. when you are COLD and have 30 lbs of close on.setting at 70 lbs dosent do any good if you are cold and cant pull it back when needed.50 lbs will kill at 30 yards.