Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Man I was pulling too much weight!!!!!!! >

Man I was pulling too much weight!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Man I was pulling too much weight!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:26 AM

Default Man I was pulling too much weight!!!!!!!

I was weighing some arrows yesterday and most of them weighed 360 gr give or take 1 to 2 gr either way. So I wanted to find out exactly what I was pulling so I rode up to Gander. The local shop here at home said I was pulling 72#, but it felt heavier.. Gander put it on their scales and it read 75#!! Way too much for that arrow. I had them turn the limbs down a full turn each and dropped it to 71#. I only lost 8 fps, now Im shooting 280 fps. Im 5 gr over specs now and feel much better about that. I had to adjust my sight a little, I was shooting a little high and to the right actually. I thought that was strange, but I fixed it and now Im dead on again. Check your equipment is all I can say, get a second opinion!