Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Food Plot Pictorial - 2008 >

Food Plot Pictorial - 2008

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Food Plot Pictorial - 2008

Old 05-28-2009, 05:31 AM

Default Food Plot Pictorial - 2008

With the great help of others.

Here is Power Point Version with as much information that I could find in all my files.

http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/vi...infoodplot.pps

If that does not work here is pdf

http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/video/foodplot3.pdf

For some of you that are thinking or may never heard about planting Forage Ultra with Forage Soybean this year and for the ones that have planted already this year for the first time. Good Luck

Here are photos of my main food plot in Bollinger County, Missouri I hope your turn out as good as mine did last year. I planted two bags last year because I had never tried it and now six bags this year in all the food plots.
I used 3 of their products last year and had great success.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:02 AM

Default RE: Food Plot Pictorial - 2008

Great Seminar on Forage Soybeans

Learned some neat stuff.

1. Forage Soybeans can tolerate lower PH don't have to have that perfect 7 and P and K aren't as important. So if you can't get their don't panic but he had a great example

You have three size drinking straws. PH7 being the largest diameter straw, and PH5 being the smallest straw you still get the liquid but maybe not as fast.

2. Deer can't not over browse Forage Soybeans unlike RR Soybeans.

3. If you are going to plant in rows then prefer 32 inches apart but that is just a preference not rule.

4. Some common sense stuff - Leaf size on forage soybeans is alot larger.

If you have a deer eating 10 x10 area and the leaf size is bigger then getting more nutrition.

5. Forage soybeans over alfalfa for planting- alfalfa will get tuff until cut again. But with that in mind if it was me and I had alfalfa I would cut it just before season open.

6. Reseeding - Looks like my plan of having strips this year may be out because I have so much reseeding - Unlike corn it will mature and grow again.

7. Plant you plots with Protein for the Sept, October and Carbohydrates for the November, December

8. Who ever seed mixes you use if they look pretty and the deer not using it, what the use. The best food plots mixes are the ones that are browsed heavy and lots of droppings.

9. Clover for deer is like a wave on providing deer what it needs but when it at it's lowest spot is when chicory is at it's highest.

10. To get a mature crop June 15th in SE Missouri is the latest you should plant.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:26 AM

Here another plot that because GAS prices had such a big effect on my wildlife management last year, dozer price when up, liming truck went up, fertilizer went up!!!!!

I tried something I would not have ever tried before.

I do mean this I figured it was a gimmick. Had not intention on trying.

But it is for REAL.

For you that are interest the liquid type fertilizer to save money, but have your doubts.

This was a winter plot

November 9th, 2008 - Saddle Food Plot - This plot was dozed in in August and limed and about half the fertilizer need by soil test but used the Liquid Nutri-Plot Fertilizer and Attractant on this to save some money.

March 14th, 2008 - Saddle Food plot

This is one of 5 plots on the land this one is 63,000 sq. ft. and the deer really hammered this Nutri Plot Fall Perfect Blend and I had added Turnips and Wheat.

Multiple Game Camera photos, bow and gun shots taken and passed by multiple people

Matter of fact watched deer feed in it the day I took the photo they have absolutely mowed this down to the dirt.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:03 AM

Iput down two applications, this was the second.
Scary picture, sorry but real life. I was bow hunting in the morning and stripped down to spray.
Wish I had the other photos of me planting these plots at 2:00 a.m.

This stuff in some field test they where doing increase sugar level in 15 minutes if I under stood correctly.
Some of the vistors.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

haha I just saw this on the QDMA forums