Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What won't you shoot this season? >

What won't you shoot this season?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What won't you shoot this season?

Old 05-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default What won't you shoot this season?

We always talk about goals and what we are after in a given season. So what's off limits to you. (ahem..I said to you!, as an individual)

For me:

No fawns.

No unicorns... I didn't say no non-symetrical horns (Rob Bucks)I said no 1 horners.

What say you?

Old 05-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What won't you shoot this season?

same as usual:
1. no button bucks
2. no yearlings or 2.5 year old bucks (whitetail)
3.a sow with cubs
4. a spike bull elk
5. a yearling mule deer
6. myself orhunting companions
Old 05-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Something that doesn't "do it" for me. I don't really have a number, I guess it's around 100 to 110 inches, though.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:28 AM

Whitetail, no bbs, yearlings, or most 2.5s.
Blacktail, no does or yearlings.
IF I make it to arizona, it will be dang hard to pass anything with antlers, so I will have to be faced with a specific scenario.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

For me:

1. Family members or friends

Seriously, I won't shoot fawns or button bucks. No younger small racked bucks. One thing I definitely won't do, that I know some people have no problem with, is shoot does that have fawns with them. I just can't do it. Here in NW Ohio there are alot of does, and the past few seasons we have been blessed by the DNR to have a bonus tag to take an anterless deer before the slug season starts ( I won't get started on that). There are so many does running around that there are always does without fawns with them, so I have no reason to shoot one with fawns. Just my way of doing it.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Proff

For me:

1. Family members or friends

Seriously, I won't shoot fawns or button bucks. No younger small racked bucks. One thing I definitely won't do, that I know some people have no problem with, is shoot does that have fawns with them. I just can't do it. Here in NW Ohio there are alot of does, and the past few seasons we have been blessed by the DNR to have a bonus tag to take an anterless deer before the slug season starts ( I won't get started on that). There are so many does running around that there are always does without fawns with them, so I have no reason to shoot one with fawns. Just my way of doing it.
+1 for me...I don't usually set goals, but since I am hunting mainly on our farms I will shoot does...Most years I don't shoot more than 1-2 bucks if any...But I have been known to kill as many as 12 does in a season...
Old 05-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where I'm at in Florida I've never even seen a deer in the wild during deer season. I shoot armadillos and squirrels because there's nothing else going on, if I see a legal deer I'm taking a shot.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Whitetail Hunting

Won't shoot -

Fawn - *Unless it's an albino or piebald

Yearling buck

Everything else is a "spur of the moment" decision. ANY doe is at risk of being shot........at.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

a Mathews
other then that anything is fair game
Old 05-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

I won't shoot bbs,and the past 3years I have not shot the small bucks,last season I didn't even shoot a buck,trying to let em get a litttle age on them,but after this season if I don't start seeing some better deer all bets are off I'll shoot whatever I'm in the mood for whenever an opprtunity presents itself.I mean how long to you keep passing on the small bucks if you are not seeing any quality bucks.I know its not the pressure or someone else killing them.

Quick Reply: What won't you shoot this season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.