Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stabilizer

Old 04-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stabilizer

When it comes right down to it you can screw a Brass weight on the end of most stabilizers. There is No Magic potion or dust on a B Stinger and they are pricey for what you get.

I like my B Stinger but probably would not buy another one. If you are interested in it I'd be willing to save you some $$. Mine is like New

Dan
Old 04-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can always chop wood or mash taters with the B stinger if you don't like it.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

You can always chop wood or mash taters with the B stinger if you don't like it.
Good One! LMAO!!

Dan
Old 04-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

That is funny! Looks aside though, the B-Stinger does do one thing better than most/all of the stabilizers on the market, STABILIZE your bow. It seems as though many archers have forgotten what that threaded hole in the front of their riser is for. It isn't to stop noise or reduce vibration, those things should be stopped where they start. It is to attach an accessory that should help the person holding the bow hold more steady on the target that he/she is trying to hit. So far in my limited testing, the B-Stinger does that better than anything else I have tried, and believe me, I have owned my share of stabilizers.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Brett, The thing that makes the B Stinger good at Stabilizing your Bow is the concentrated weight right at the end.

You can screw a brass weight on the end of any stabilizer. That end weight will make it perform like an even heavier stabilizer by moving that weight out to the end. I've added end weights, etc to my stabilizers for several years.

As far as the 17 oz B Stinger? No way I'm adding over a pound to my bow regardless how effecient it might be. Now if I was having troubles with holding on target I might be willing to try anything.

Dan
Old 04-26-2009, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, I think it is more than just having weight at the very end of the stabilizer that makes the B-Stinger more efficient. The winds finally let up here, so I spent a while shooting this morning. I shot from 10-80 yds. using the Stinger, 11.5" Doinker with various weights, and a Posten Woodsman with weights. I wanted to test your theory and see for myself how well this thing works side by side with stabilizers I have shot for some time now. All I can tell you is that none of the other stabilizer/weight combos do the job as well as the B-Stinger. I think it has more to with how rigid the rod is on the Stinger and the shape of the weight that set it apart and help it perform better, but I am not an egineer.

I am just a regular guy with a passion for bowhunting like a lot of members here. When I find something that really works and that I think will help my fellow archers out, I am going to come on here and post about it. I think that the B-Stinger is one of those things, hence my post in the Bowhunting Gear Review forum. Everybody is different, that is why there are so many choices out there, and why it is such a cool time to be in to archery.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

so ya i can go to my pro shop and get a new on. anyone now the weight of the 11.5. and what are the weights u can add are they 1oz? and how many can u add? i cant find any info on the weights. or should i just get the fuse axium. i want looks and stabilizing effect. noise not big issue. admiral is already quit. i like the looks of the octane i just can find any weight specs on it.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

7" Octane 5.1 ounces

11.5" Octane 6.5 ounces

Thereare several aftermarket weights and dampeners you can add on.

Dan
Old 05-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

ty sir