Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stabilizer?

Old 10-16-2003, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default Stabilizer?

I' m going to add a new stabilizer to my bow. I' m shooting a Mathews FX and would like to add a quality stabilizer that won' t break me. Can you guys give me some preferences and costs. I' ve looked at the Doinkers, but really don' t know much which way to go. Any help is great. Thanks
Old 10-16-2003, 12:08 PM

Default RE: Stabilizer?

I have used the Doinker stabilizers on all my bows and they work just fine.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

I will agree with hdsanders, I have two bows and both of them now have Doinkers on them. I use the 10" D2 Hunter on my Supertech and the 7" D2 Hunter on my other bow!
Old 10-18-2003, 07:58 PM
Spike

Maybe the best one you will find is the Tranquilizer from GKF with Sims technology inside. Come in two different lengths. Absorbs noise and vibration.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wear,
The stabilizers mentioned.....Doinker and Tranquilizer are pretty good choices. The Doinker will help more with recoil VS. the Tranquilizer due to the very low mass weight of the Tranquilizer, and the Tranquilizer will help a little more with noise VS the Doinker with the help of its SIMS stuff inside.
(when i shot a Tranquilizer I had to combine it with a SIMS Enhancer 2000 to add some weight to help with recoil)

I have owned 2 different Doinkers and 3 Tranquilizers in different lengths for testing.........I don' t shoot either because in all my tests I found one that is better in every respect.

Stealth Archery " Hunter" model stabilizers. They are superior in performance in noise, vibration reduction, and recoil reduction. I tested all 3 on a Mathews Utra Max in one of my comparisons and the Stealth was the best of them. The FX isn' t much different than my Ultra Max(I think the cams are identical...original Max cam?).

I don' t recommend these because I' m heir to the Stealth Archery fortune!
I recommend them because I put a lot of time and effort into testing stabilizers in a search of one that stood out. In every case the Stealth Archery models outperformed the competition. I believe in them because I know what they can and will do on Single Cams, Dual Cams and Hybrids. I didn' t care if the Doinker, or Tranquilizer or Vibracheck or whatever came out on top.......that' s the one I would have shot. It ended up being none of the big names.
Its a really good product and I hate to see people overlook them in favor of the big advertisements....Stealth stabilizers SHOULD be a big name.
Remember I' m not downing the other 2 mentioned, they' re pretty darn good.......(Better on some bows than others, but pretty good)
But the nearly dozen bows, and various arrow weights have shown me that the Stealth works the best.

The trick is picking the right length/weight for your bow.....The FX is a pretty light bow so a 6" " Hunter" would probablybe a good match........If its a bit too front heavy you can swap ends on the Stealth to change the weighting to put the majority closer to the riser which will give you adifferent balance point.
There are quite a few guys on this board shooting them who will back up what I' ve found........some even took it upon themselves to test with decible meters.

Stealth stabilizers will be on my bows until the day I find something better....plain and simple and it' s one of the very few items that I can blindly recommend to everyone and be 99% sure that the person will not be dissapointed.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

Great feedback. Thanks fellas. I went to BassPro Fri. and picked up the Doinker D2-7inch model. I' ve still got another week before I' m back in the woods, so I' ll get some shots in this week to see how it feels.
Matt/PA, thanks for the reply, had a real good tip on the balance point.
Who needs a magazine subscription when you have this web-site?