Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech Dealership >

Bowtech Dealership

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Dealership

Old 03-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Spike

Default RE: Bowtech Dealership

Ya from what I understand. The store was profitabe but due to corparate mismangment and the banks tighinig there lending terms, tey needed to pay down 60 mil in debt. so they are closing obout 1/3 of the stores. sucks i liked that place.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know in my business my sales people had to change the way we approach customers. with tough economic times you get more of what we call transactional shoppers. they could care less about talking alot about the product or the options available. They wanna know what the bottom line is and thats it.

But if your wanting to open a shop there are some things i would look at.
Population. see if you could contact the state conservation dept and see how many archery tags were sold for your area. this will give you an idea of possible customer base.

competition. what would be your closest competitor? even if you dont think they are very close these tough times come into play again. people will actually drive farther to try and find a good deal.

if you do have competition what are their prices and could you compete?
Old 03-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SouthDakotaHunter

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

WOW..a Sportsmans whse closing??!! They have gr8 prices and are a pretty good sporting goods store. Do they have competition? If they can't make it, I would be leary of opening a new bow shop. Even when the economy is bad, people will pay $$ to play...but some of us are playing by letting the 1st guy lose his ass on a new bow, and buying it from him used 2 months later for $300 less, cause he wants something different.
We have a Sportsmans closing in our area as well. I know several people that work there andwhat they were told was thatmany of the stores that are closingcouldstill be substainable, but that the way banks are loaning themmoneyto purchase new inventory and such, they were running at like 50% of the recommened inventory because they couldn't get any more money.....
Not trying to high jack the thread but Sportsmans is closing 23 of there stores and is selling 15 more in states that border Canada to a company out of Alberta. you can check it out on there website.