Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mirror ground blind?? >

Mirror ground blind??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mirror ground blind??

Old 03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mirror ground blind??

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I think the key to it would be to simply make the sides angle downward X number of degrees so that it was only reflecting ground level surroundings out to a certain yardage. This would also eliminate sun glare and animal attacks unless an animal was right next to it looking upward.

The blind itself should be shaped like a Chinese take out box.......bigger on top sloping inward to the bottom.
Pretty simple concept and wicked if you really think about it.

The next trick would be making it portable, and practical. If you think about it you could do the same thing pretty easily with a full length mirror with a porthole cut in the glass to see.......I bet if you angled it down and simply walked slowly and quietly you could get scary close to a lot of animals. Put some handles on the backside to carry it and it might be the ultimate antelope spot and stalk blind. What's the animal going to see? Just more of everything around it.

I was thinking the same thing.Angle it downward and most issues would be gone.

There has been a similar product on the market for years but it was just a 1 sided shield.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL that thing looks stupid, id rather hide from deer, not blind them.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

"There has been a similar product on the market for years but it was just a 1 sided shield. "

yea TFOXi believe it is called the stealth shield and i believe they evenhave some videos of it in use. Intriguing concept but me being who I am I am goin to be a skeptic.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

LOL that thing looks stupid, id rather hide from deer, not blind them.
Doesn't look any more stupid than any other ground blind - it's just another approach. In fact, it's a great idea.MattPA is dead on. The only real issue is portability and practicality. The mirrors are angled down so it can't blind the deer - the reflection they see is a reflection of the ground surrounding the stand. Any sunlight that hits it will just be reflected down on the ground, and a deer would have to stick it's nose to it to see it's reflection because of that angle. Also, I don't think shattering would be a concern since I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make it out of glass. It wouldn't be safe, and having worked in a glass shop, I can tell you that plate glass is H E A V Y. It's probably polished metal or plexi-mirrors.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

"There has been a similar product on the market for years but it was just a 1 sided shield. "

yea TFOXi believe it is called the stealth shield and i believe they evenhave some videos of it in use. Intriguing concept but me being who I am I am goin to be a skeptic.
it is called the stalker sheild I have one and have shot turkeys with it not bad but I don't even use it anymore.
www.sportclimbers.com