Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First Buck of 09 is on the ground >

First Buck of 09 is on the ground

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Buck of 09 is on the ground

Old 03-06-2009, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default First Buck of 09 is on the ground

I shoot league on Wed nights at the shop, which is about a 20 mile drive from the house. After league I stayed a little later than norm to shoot some distance and attempt to get ready for my first outdoor shoot this Sunday. I was shooting better than I expected, seeing I have not really shot any distance at all so far this year. Just as I was getting ready to wrap things up, my bow fell off the bow holder and hit the concrete floor pretty hard. I figured I would shoot another round, just to make sure everything was still okay. I guess when the bow hit the floor it must have landed on the rest pretty good because now my group was almost 3 foot (yes, 36") to the left. I spend another hour adjusting the rest, running it thru paper and getting back to where I was at (which it still is not perfect). Finally I just had enough and decided since I was so tired I was probally doing more harm than good.

In the truck (my son's truck actually) and start heading for the house. By this time it was almost midnight and the bed was sounding oh so good. I hit a stretch of road that has creek bottoms on both sides of it. I always thought that this place was a good spot to see deer, but have NEVER seen deer here in the past. Well, Wed night it changed. Out pops 7 deer, I never had a chance. On connects on the front passenger side, another connects on the front driver side. Just that quick I have two on the ground.

One was a young doe, the other was a young buck. I got the buck in the head with no damage done to the body. The doe, well, she was just a mess. I leave the doe lay and throw the buck in the back of the truck. I take it a buddies farm that is about 2 miles from where I was at and gut it in the field. Spend the next couple of hours capping him out and boning the meat out, 3:30am before I get home.

Well the boy's truck is pretty much a mess, he is not real happy at all, but we will get another 100lbs or so of susage out of it.

Just thought I would share my crapping Wed night with you all. Thanks for listening.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:16 AM
Banned

Default RE: First Buck of 09 is on the ground

sorry 2 hear
Old 03-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sux you will probly really enjoy that venison.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

You buying the boy a new truck or is insurance lol? sorry to hear about your bad day things will get better.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like they did a number on the truck, both sides? Sounds like they were trying to get even
Old 03-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear you're alright and you got some more meat. Got any pics of the truck?