Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 LONE WOLF TREESTANDS >

LONE WOLF TREESTANDS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LONE WOLF TREESTANDS

Old 05-11-2003, 12:32 AM

Default RE: LONE WOLF TREESTANDS

Cougar Mag,
I had the V bar clibimbing stand. The other thing I did not mention is I weight 270. I work out all the time andI find it hard to find stands that can hold my weight and still not weigh 30lbs. The reason I did not like the climber I had was because I was half way up a tree and some how the safty strap came undone and my feet came out of the foot straps needles to say there I hung on to the seet portion of the stand as my feet dangled below. You can emagine how PO' D I was. needless to say when I finally shimied down to the ground I was soaked with swet and had made enough noise to stir any wildlife within 20 miles. I ended up throwing that stand 40 yards and left it lay. Im not saying lonewolf does not make good stands but that one they should of left on the drawing table. I did like the strap on stand by lone wolf that my buddy has. The only thing Im not comfortable with is the strap Im sure it is safe but I have not used them enough to feel secure with them. In chooseing a stand I think a person should take into consideration how they are going to use it how long they plan on staying in it when they hunt the weight of the stand and how far it is to there hunting areas. What qualities they are looking for, there are many stands out there for many different kinds of people. personally I have many different kinds of stands for the daversity of hunting that I do (20 total). I have one stand that is comfortable that I use when I plan on hunting all day. another just for morning or evening hunts that does not weigh a lot and many that I can leave up through out hunting season. I geuss what I am saying is talk to your buddies and look at there stands and ask questions and take into consideration how your going to us it. Good luck.
Old 05-11-2003, 12:40 AM

Default RE: LONE WOLF TREESTANDS

PS I will look at the new lone wolf climber Im sure they have changed a lot on the since my experience. A MAN CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY TOYS