HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Serrated Expanible (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/286022-serrated-expanible.html)

BGfisher 02-14-2009 06:47 PM

RE: Serrated Expanible

ORIGINAL: Hick442

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Now that we're all in lather and getting good feedback you now tell us that the main intent is for turkey? That may be a different ball game there.

Yeah i said in my first two post that the main intent for this broadhead would be turkey.
Guess I missed it so it's my bad. My apologies for that. But still no reason for serrated blades. Fir turkey I'd use the largest mechanical I could find. Then drop a lot of draw weight off the bow to prevent pass throughs.

Hick442 02-14-2009 08:01 PM

Yea thanks for the feedback BG and what ideas would you have for a good turkey broundhead. I shot jake in the fall with muzzy three blades and it passed through like butter. Im only shooting 55 lbs with a 2005 fred bear Obsession.

BGfisher 02-16-2009 06:10 AM

Hick,

I never make specific recommendations because I don't keep up with all the
"latest and greatest" changes that seem to come about very year, but for turkey I would jsut resmooned the largest expandable you can find. Something in the 2" range. The 55# should be OK as that isn't nearly as much as the 70# everybody thinks they have to have these days. It's really tough to say what the ideal setup would be. And really, who has ever tried every combination on the market on real birds?

Wish you luck though. Turkey are a very challenging game bird. Personally I've never bagged one with a bow although I've come close twice. They just have more "woods smarts" than me.

Hick442 02-16-2009 09:31 AM

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Hick,

I never make specific recommendations because I don't keep up with all the
"latest and greatest" changes that seem to come about very year, but for turkey I would jsut resmooned the largest expandable you can find. Something in the 2" range. The 55# should be OK as that isn't nearly as much as the 70# everybody thinks they have to have these days. It's really tough to say what the ideal setup would be. And really, who has ever tried every combination on the market on real birds?

Wish you luck though. Turkey are a very challenging game bird. Personally I've never bagged one with a bow although I've come close twice. They just have more "woods smarts" than me.

Yea i hear you there, My brother(SimanOh08) and i have been going at it for four years know and have only gotten one gobbler and two jakes. Only one of the jakes was with a bow.

Siman08/OH 02-16-2009 10:00 AM

I need to set the record straight and say that mine was a double bearded "Jom" ;):D:)

Hick442 02-17-2009 12:04 PM

Yea bro but mine was bigger.:):D