Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you care!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Do you care!!!

Nope. They shot it, they are proud to have shot it, or they would have not shot it. I have no problem at all.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

Until the law say's otherwise, I just mind my business... It's the good ole' US of A!
I would rather see someone have that big ole' smile on their face than to save that deer for me, if I'm lucky enough, for some other year.
Good post here Ed!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:10 AM
Site Buck Guru

No. I only worry about what one person shoots.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Regardless of what another guy shoots I will congratulate him. That is HIS choice not mine! If he is happy I'm happy for him!
This! x2
Old 02-05-2009, 06:19 AM
Banned

if it bothers a person, they need to self analyze WHY they hunt
Old 02-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

I think if one is to ask themselves, "Why do I hunt?", QDM can satisfy each and every possible response.
BZZZZZZ! Wrong answer! I just asked my self that question, and the answer was, "MEAT!" ...QDM didn't satisfy my response
QDM satisfies this response extremely well, however, many who are unfamiliar with its concepts quickly throw this one out. Emphasizing an adequate harvest of does, in some cases 40% of a total doe population, will satisfy the majority over people's meat needs
True Quality (HEALTH) deer come from the population ....at least I would think that is the case ..... as long as the land can support the herd, regardless of sex of the deer, I don't see how that could be argued.... but I am no expert on the subject
Old 02-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

In particular no. In general, maybe a little.
I wish we lived in an ideal world where people could shoot what they pleased, and the management aspect would not be compromised. But in many areas, that isn’t reality. The focus is often to kill any and every buck, leaving few to grow up. When this is practiced on a wide scale, it really messes with the age structure of the herd, and doesn’t even allow for a realistic chance at killing a mature buck.

Honestly when I see some one with a buck of any size, unless I know them, or can immediately sense their overwhelming happiness, I am not really hit with emotion either way. I smile, say my congrats & am on my way.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

The only time it bothers me is when I see a deer taken home, then hanging form a tree in their front yard for 2 weeks. It is cases like this where they did not care about the animal and it most likelly went to waste. If you shoot it, take care of it. i also don't care for the guys that buy as many tags as they can and shoot anything that moves, multiple times. These are gun hunters that i am talking about, and i do not have a problem with the gun hunter as I am one of them, jsut the ones that shoot every deer they see. i don't know everyone's situation, and if they are feeding the family, fine, but they all are not doing that.
But for a guy to be happy with their buck, be it a 1 1/5 YO or 4 1/2YO, good for them!
Old 02-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, I am happy for anyone who gets a buck no matter age or size.ESPECIALLY if it is their FIRST.To bad so many take the Big Rack or How Old way to Bowhunting.
Myself, I am selective& have not taken a Buck in 6 years now.
Don't get me wrong-I've passed on plenty BUTI have also killed 100+ Whitetails& some are pretty decent over the years. I've also taken Caribou, Elk, Black Bears& much more. Black Bears has been theONLY thing I passed on smaller waiting for a BIG ONE-15 trips=TWO P&Y Bears. yep, lots of tag soup when you put your sights on the big ones.
Some Take the attitude of shoot what God Sends by-maybe we should all try that unless you have stacked up a BUNCH of kills.
Good Luck in your Bowhunting.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:17 AM

happy to see someone got one

Quick Reply: Do you care!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.