Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 double Bull blinds >

double Bull blinds

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

double Bull blinds

Old 04-17-2003, 01:36 AM

Default double Bull blinds

i have decided to buy a ground blind. My b-day was a few days ago and i am ready to buy. from what i have read and herd the double bull is the best. my question is do i need the t-2 or the t-5? i am buying a blind so i can take my 6 yr. old son hunting with me this year. of coures he is gonna get some cam corder training so he will feel important and have a reason to go.
Ok, i need a blind that will comfortably sit 2 people and i would like to find out the pro' s and cons to the 2 blinds in question or maybe some other options. My wife wants me to just buy a tent. Any info would be appreciated. are the duoble bulls fast and easy to set up and take down. Thanks
Old 04-17-2003, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: double Bull blinds

jimmya,

T5 is what you want.. trust me.
They came out with a new one the size of the T5 called the BS5, it is not as black on the inside so you shoud were a black shirt so the animal won' t see you but is has 3 standard windows an two large windows with shoot threw netting. Bring your video recorder with, it makes great memories. Good luck!!!!

http://doublebullarchery.com

Old 04-17-2003, 08:34 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I will second the vote for the T 5. I have hunted out of both and if you want two people in the blind the T 2 is just a little too small. I have only seen pictures of the BS 5 but it looks like the way to go. The shoot through netting is nice. You can set these blinds up in less than a minute. Takes about 20 seconds to pop it up then put four stakes in the ground.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:19 PM

I just recently bought a BS5 and really like it. I set it up in the yard on a sunny day with regular clothes on and my wife said she couldn' t see me at all. It has 1 side you can use like the T5 and a black curtain covers the screen side behind you or you can put the curtain up into the supports to shoot through the screen. I too bought it to take my boys hunting. I believe it' s a good investment for me.

Phil
Old 04-17-2003, 06:57 PM

thanks for the input sounds like i will be buying the larger one. have any of you actually shot threw the mesh. if yes, how did it effect arrow flight? what kind of broad head was used? mechanical or fixed.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:22 PM

I think you can get a free video from DB, that shows them hunting. I have heard that expandables work great with the shoot thru netting as long as the blades aren' t winged.
Make sure you read the directions on how to set up the blind or else it will take you a long time to figure it out.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:03 PM

My archery Shop owner demonstrated a Double Bull and he put it up in 6 seconds and took it down in 6 seconds......I don' t know what size irt was but looked like 3 persons could get in it if necessary....It was abouit $445.00.....It was made from what looked to be thick and durable stuff.....
Old 04-18-2003, 11:23 PM

Go with the T-5 I bring along my two kids and my wife and we all fit in it and still have room to move around in it.