Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ? on double bull blinds >

? on double bull blinds

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

? on double bull blinds

Old 03-19-2004, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default ? on double bull blinds

I am thinking of getting a double bull blind and have a few questions. I would like a blind that is big enough for two people to hunt in such as during turkey season, and also big enough to bowhunt out of with room to draw and for gear. Is their a double bull that has the black lining, and zippered windows, as I don't want the shootthrough mesh? Which double bull fits for me, and what camo is it available in? Thanks. Bhunter32.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:13 AM

Default RE: ? on double bull blinds

I bought the I-5 import model for $349 and it has deception camo and black backing. Easily holds two people and at 6'2" I can easily draw my bow in it. It is a great blind. You should buy the DB chair also as it fits in the blind bag and is the perfect height.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:11 PM

I hunt out of the T-2 series blind. Its great for one person, but two people that are both hunting can get cramped. If you have one shooting and the other watching, or you switch off, then its a great blind. The t-5 is bigger in the top, but it doesnt necessarily have a bigger floor(it might be a little bigger, im not sure though). The t-2 has the black lining and the camo is great. I used mine for fall turkey, deer, pigs, and im going to use it for spring turkey as well. I have no complaints so far other than with the T-2 you have to stake down the front and back, otherwise its real cramped, where as the T-5 you dont really have to unless its windy.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:14 PM

Default hunter9022

hunter9022
What camo pattern to recommend with the T2?
Old 03-19-2004, 09:10 PM
Typical Buck

Great blinds for bowhunting. We've got two T5's, one
in Predator Deception and one in Skyline Apparition.

If you are planning on two people, I'd go with one of the
larger models.

http://doublebullarchery.com/blind_t5.html
Old 03-20-2004, 08:57 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I agree with two beards. I have both a T2 and a T5. Two people can hunt out of the T2 but it is a little cramped. One hunter and an observer is no problem. If you know you will be using alot for two hunters I would go with the T5 prostaff model.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

A month or so ago I bought a T2 for me and my son to hunt out of. After setting it up, it was apparent that it was not what I really wanted. Your suppose to put six stakes in the ground to use it properly. It took some time and adjustments to get it set up large enough for both of us. I took it back and traded up to a T5 now. I'd recommend going with the T5 for for the person who wants to hunt two or hunt one and have the other video the hunt. My T5 has black backing, the extra viewing ports and a waterfowl roof. (They don't call these things the Easy Bake Oven for nothing!) I've got the Predator camo, I'm not sure of the name of it but it's mostly brown. Kind of looks like the six color Desert Storm camo. Good luck with your new blind.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:11 PM

T-5 ,in the Deception Pattern,sound's like what you seek ,Grasshopper
Old 03-20-2004, 04:29 PM

Yea, mine is deception pattern. I only stake down the front and the back, and it gives me plenty of room. After setting it up and taking it down a few times, you figure out where the stakes need to go.