Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 No Baiting in MI >

No Baiting in MI

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

No Baiting in MI

Old 08-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Spike

Default No Baiting in MI

Read it and weep Baiters no baiting in the Lower Penn. as of 8/26/2008 for more info you can go to the TV 7&4 website
Old 08-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: No Baiting in MI

I just heard about it, the DNR are making way too big of deal out of this, I think they are overreacting, the only way to hunt deer in northern MI is with bait, wonder if people will still be selling bait or if the dnr will out law the selling of bait too, gonna be a whole different way of hunting up north
Old 08-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

good buy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring back good hunting. That would also help out so the deer would not be necturnal and look for you while in your stand. it's time for some people to learn how actually hunt for a change!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:46 AM
Spike

Yeah I agree , I have never had to use bait where I hunt , location , location , location .
Old 08-27-2008, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ho boy the comments above all though true will be derided in future threads! Good luck cc23 & ranger 26, I am getting a cup a coffee for this one!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Old 08-27-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

CWD bad!!No baiting Learn to hunt and not just dump!!!!! Best thing to ever happen to Michigan!!!! Walt
Old 08-27-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree there shouldn't be baiting, go out and learn to hunt. I would wish that New Jersey would stop the use of baits, 99% of the so-called hunters would be lost and not know how to hunt by goig out and scouting. I'm happy in the deer zone I hunt in NJ there is no baiting allowed
Old 08-27-2008, 07:45 AM

Man what am I going do with that 500lb truck load of carrots now?[8D] just kidding, but for real it is a good thing.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I think that baiting has gotten way out of hand. I have seen sugar beats by the truckloads at hunting camp and wonder why you would need this much feed. I don't disagree with throwing a little bit of corn out and two or three sugar beats here and there, but some of the bait piles I have seen are DISGUSTING, no need for that. I think for the most part this ban is a good idea. The only problem I have is that some of the people that hunt on surrounding properties will not abide by this. Sure, you can call the DNR, but with how short of help they are and all the people that will still be baiting, its going to be tough to get anyone out there in a timely matter.Then a week within opening day of Gun season, forget about it. This is going to be tough. On a side note, I personally thinking they are sounding the sirens on this a little premature. Maybe I have heard this wrong, but one deer in a high fenced area has the disease? I guess you want to curb this before it starts, but wow, it isover HNI everywhere now.Should be interesting come October and November, thats for sure!!

Quick Reply: No Baiting in MI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.