Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot some new bows last night......... >

Shot some new bows last night.........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot some new bows last night.........

Old 01-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shot some new bows last night.........

SoI shot some new BowTechs, and Diamonds last night at league..Here is a short review..

Captain- A really cool bow. The Second Generation pivoting limbs are much more eye appealing then the first. Bow is very smooth, and has a really cool "Pop" to it on the shot. Feels way faster than it actually shoots.

Swat- I really like this bow. It just felt great.. I am not a dual cam fan, but I thought it was very smooth anyhow. I don't think there is a smoother shooting dual cam bow.

Diamond Bows...

Iceman- Also a very Good Looking bow. I think they changed the finish, it felt more rubbery. The grip on this bow was my favorite. It was a pleasure to shoot.

Razor edge- This bow believe it or not is my favorite of them all. I bought one for my wife (left handed) And i have to say. Very impressive, this little bow is like a tazmanian devil, small but deadly. I shot all bows at max weight and a 29" draw. The edge at 29" with 60# limbs was actually a 63 # pull. I was shooting speedpro arrows (superlight weight) 100gr. field point. It felt great. Super smooth, and so light wieght. Kind of feels weird holding such a small bow. But shooting it through the chrono surprized me. 306 fps. I think this is the ultimate spot and stalk bow. I will be buying one.

I do own and shoot a Black Ice. Which I love. And I have owned just about everybow out there other then a Mathews. No reason, just haven't. I feel i am very Bias. This just happens to be the lines my pro shope carries. Last year I went to the other pro shop and shot all the Hoyt's, PSE's and Mathews bows. Some I really liked. But the owner was such a D*ck that I decided to go elsewhere. I just wish he knew that I had $1400 in my wallet!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shot some new bows last night.........

It's always Fun to shoot new bows. I have a New Captain, and Iceman on order.

Dan
Old 01-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you like the SWAT, wait until you see the Air Raid bow. They kept it under wraps until the ATA. There are a few pics of it over on AT. I can't wait to get my hands on one to shoot.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:09 AM

I will be shooting a few tonight. I love shooting new bows! I have shot the Admiral but plan to again along with the Iceman, Black Ice, Captain and Hoyt AlphaMax 32. I do not like the looks of the Hoyt bows, but if I've heard such good things about the AM that I will shoot it out of curiousity.

I believe the rubbery finish you felt is the In Velvet finish.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just bought a 09 Razor Edge for my 11yr old son. That is such a sweet little setup!

I had to laugh just thinking about the first compounds I had (many of us had) .... I bet this thing at 42# has moreuumph than my old bows at 60! And I can guarantee it will shoot better. Technology is amazing sometimes.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

WVHunter, ain't it nuts how far it's come? I still have my first bow, an old Golden Eagle magnesium riser thing. The cables were just that, STEEL cables! I killed a few deer with that thing somehow.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

WVHunter, ain't it nuts how far it's come? I still have my first bow, an old Golden Eagle magnesium riser thing. The cables were just that, STEEL cables! I killed a few deer with that thing somehow.
My first few compounds were wood risers.[8D]

Dan
Old 01-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just picked up my new Admiral.. Like the new Bowtech bows this year.