Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ATA show at a glance >

ATA show at a glance

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ATA show at a glance

Old 01-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default ATA show at a glance

Today was the first time making the trip to the ATA show. Needless to say it was impressive. We put in some serious time today and STILL didn't get to see everything. We have two more days though

As far as day one goes, here's what stuck out to me. I also shot pretty much all the bows.

PSE first and foremost. They dropped some jaws, and not just with the compounds. PSE has come out with a new Crossbow, that uses an AR 15 lower reciever and is an absolute screamer. It's only 14" ATA I believe, or somewhere close to that. It IBO's a 425gr arrow at 412fps [:-]. It also has a shorter power stroke than the Bowtech Stryker. It's impressive to say the least. There are some pictures over on AT I'm sure. It's called the TAC 15.

PSE also released a new bow to take back the speed crown. It's called the PSE X-Force Omen. 33.5" ATA, 5.5" BH, and 366 IBO [:-]. Wow. Essentially, it's an XForce with a new cam system and shorter limbs. You just thought Mathews was going to claim the speed crown this year .

Another bow that impressed the heck out of me was the Ross Carnivore 34. Great feeling bow. All the Bowtechs felt pretty darn good too. I just wish they would be like EVERYONE else, and tie freaking loops on their bows so people can shoot them with their own releases. [:@]. Germ, take a look at the Carnivore. You'll like her . Bowtech also introduced a new Air Raid bow. I forget the specs on it. It looked like an Airborne riser, but shorter ATA. A new cam system, and an IBO around 330 maybe? I don't remember for sure.

There's a lot of cool stuff along the way, not to mention, there's a lot of stuff that have my nomination for the dumbest product at the show award.

I'm not naming names, lol, but there was a certain product on the back wall that was questionable. Every person you talked to had a different sales pitch that contridicted the other persons pitch's. lol.

Hoyt has just about taken over the freaking show though, lol. They have an enormous booth and all kinds of vendors have Alphamax's to use to display their products.

There are so many products I'm drawing a blank. I'll update this thing a little more along the way, as I start remembering more stuff.

I also caught a glimpse of Scott (buckeye) and John (jmbuckhunter). I'm pretty sure I passed Justin too, while he was on the phone. [8D]
Old 01-09-2009, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ATA show at a glance

I heard rumors of that PSE bow, but thought little of it. Were you able to shoot it, Matt or do you have any plans to get your hands on it since you're PSE staff now? I would imagine it might be a wee bit rough shooting at 5.5" BH, but you never know until you shoot one.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw pics of the Air Raid bow. Looks pretty freakin sweet to me! The cam system has some sort of harness, which looked similar to the Mathews Monster dual cam harness. I guess it is designed to keep the cams from leaning.

I'd love to get my hands on that bow to test drive one of these days.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

I heard rumors of that PSE bow, but thought little of it. Were you able to shoot it, Matt or do you have any plans to get your hands on it since you're PSE staff now? I would imagine it might be a wee bit rough shooting at 5.5" BH, but you never know until you shoot one.
No I didn't get to shoot one. They are accepting orders now, and hope to have them shipped out by July. I will probably end up with one, to play with. I'd say it'll shoot better than everyone anticipates. We'll see. I plan on trying to get one though.

And muzzyman, yes, the Air Raid had a cool harness system. It pretty much eliminates cam lean. It seems like a great design.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't want to step on any toes, or cross any lines, but for anyone interested in pictures, there's a thread started over here:[8D]

http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22497

Air Raid looks very cool. Love the bronze cams and suppressor. Just too short for my liking, but I bet it's a shooter. What I REALLY was interested to find, was the 3rd axis micro sight from Bowtech. I like the target model quite a bit. I will be in the market for a replacement sight possibly this spring, and I may give that a look.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:57 AM

That new Air Raid looks like a shooter.