Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 have you ever been attacked by an animal. >

have you ever been attacked by an animal.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

have you ever been attacked by an animal.

Old 04-10-2003, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default have you ever been attacked by an animal.

i have nver been attacked by wild game animals. i have been knocked over by our cows though. but i read the feild and stream mag and i see articles about animal attacks and thought i would post and see how many people have been.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: have you ever been attacked by an animal.

I have never been attacked but I laughed my arse off at that guy that was on T.V. wanting to get a video of an elk charging him and instead got a really pi$$ed of deer kick the crap out of him and chase him up a tree.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wasn' t attacked but had a bobcat that would have if he could have.Maybe the fact that I had just shot him with a .357 mag. had something to do with it.

I just shot him and went over to check him out.I leaned over to look at him but he growled and raised his paws at me and that was all I needed to put a couple more rounds in him.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I laugh everytime I picture myself doing this. I was trout fishing in a woodland stream that runs down a gulf area. Its 80-100ft steep banks on each side. Only ways in & out are each end of stream. I was walking along hitting the holes, when I noticed a raccoon walking along the bank up ahead. Mind you this was midday. As I got closer I saw he had porcupine quills stuck all over in his face, another unusual thing. He saw me and began hissing. I tried to get by him on the oppposite bank. But he had nothing to do with it. He started coming after me. Knowing reports of rabies in the area I took off running down stream in my hip boots, and tackle. I fell right on my butt, got soaked. The coon stopped, and went back upstream. I ended up climbing the steep bank to get around him, no easy chore. It wasn' t funny at the time, but I laugh about it now!!!
Old 04-11-2003, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was chased out from under a house by a possum. It was all over my boots as I crawled as fast as I could. As I neared the side of the house I thought I had cleared the edge, and as I stood up so I could run I hit my lower back on the bottom corner of the house. It knocked me to the ground and took me awhile to catch my breath. My legs tingled for a couple of minutes, and were wobbly when I stood up.

I should have went to the hospital because it actually was a serious injury but I didn' t realize it at the time. Now I have a collapsed disc and facet arthritis at that injured area.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I came upon 3 wild dogs eating a deer they had killed. Two of the dogs circled behind me at about 40 yards and the 3rd dog came right at me. He was snarling and snapping and nashing his teeth like I ain' t never heard, but, then he started squeeling like a pig because I hit him with a 7mm 140grain ballistic tip. He didn' t squeel long and the other two departed in a hurry. Since then, I/ve always carry some kind of firearm when I' m in the woods, regardless of season.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:06 AM

Ya ![:' (] I think it was a swallow or a sparrow Something like that
I damn near fell out of the tree trying to get away from it

I have a little PHOBIA of birds flying around my head
AL
Old 04-11-2003, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

I am attacked by my wife on SELDOM occation....does that count?
Old 04-11-2003, 07:49 AM
Dominant Buck

btomlin; That doesn' t count. Everyones been attacked by your wife.[]
Old 04-11-2003, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Geese. walked upon a nest once and boy do they get mad. Also was dive bombed by some red winged black bird that had some youngin nearby.

Quick Reply: have you ever been attacked by an animal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.