Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 have you ever been attacked by an animal. >

have you ever been attacked by an animal.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

have you ever been attacked by an animal.

Old 04-11-2003, 10:23 AM

Default RE: have you ever been attacked by an animal.

btomlin; That doesn' t count. Everyones been attacked by your wife.
..... LOL

Thanks David - I feel better now
Old 04-11-2003, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

1) Attacked by an owl while squirrel hunting. Thank God for the 12 guage or the talons would be in my face.

2) Struck by a CottonMouth in the knee, but at least I had snake chaps on. The 12 guage made quick work of that one, too.

3) Kicked by a wounded doe in the hand(Still have the scars). An old man 90+ had shot it but wasn' t able to get up out of his chair to retrieve it. So I helped him out. I thought it was dead but, boy, was I wrong. A quick shot, again with the 12 guage, put her out of her misery.

4) This one' s not mine, but my brother' s. Charged by a wild boar, which he shot once at point blank and then his gun jammed. Fortunately, after the hog knocked him down, it died on top of his legs!!!! I guess the FTL' s were no longer white!!
Old 04-11-2003, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry David...Old guys that show " woods crappin" pics all the time don' t do it for her.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:10 AM

Attacked by possums, sparrows, geese, black birds..............

You guys are wusses []
Old 04-11-2003, 12:05 PM

a cottontail rabbit. i was out pheasent hunting, standing around when something rammed into the back of my boot. i turned around and there' s this rabbit. it backed off about two feet and launched itself again. did this a total of 3x. the fourth time i shot it. very tasty.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:23 PM

I had a fox running right at me with his head cocked sideways. I had heard about their penchant for rabies so I offed him with my .410 squirrel gun. I was fishing from a tractor innertube and saw an 8' gator 30 yards away so I got out of the water. Never any physical contact.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve been charged quite a few times by various critters. I' ve been bluffed charged 3 or 4 times now by grizzly bears and once by a large coastal brownie sow. All charges ended up with the bear stopping and retreating. I had one other very close encounter with a grizzly at less than 10 yards while I was bowhunting them, and felt at the time he was going to charge, so I took the shot at him while he was standing on his hind legs checking me out.

I' ve been in the wrong place at the wrong time a couple of times now with cow moose. Both times in the summer, and both cows had calves with them. They can move pretty dang quick, and I took off like a bat outta hell when they charged. After a half minute or so of running I turned back and both time the cow had returned to her calf.

I' ve been attacked by seagulls at work before since I was in there nesting grounds. They would swoop down and occasionally come pretty close. We would walk out with a broom and hold it up while walking, and that generally worked pretty well.

I' ve also had some interesting encounters with fox in the trap line. There was a bad case of rabies going around last year, and I had one fox go lock jaw after snarling and falling over sideways a couple of times trying to get at me. I had to pry his jaw up after killing him to get him off the trap anchor.

There was also a wolverine that we got too close to, but luckily it didn' t come at us. That could of been real ugly.

Can' t think of anymore except the neighboorhood dog years ago that charged me and knocked me off my bike.
Old 04-11-2003, 01:23 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

I was peed on by an angry squirrel once. I think it was a c-c-c-c-chemical attack. [X(]
Old 04-11-2003, 02:06 PM

THIS WAS THE BEAST

THIS IS THE WOUND

I would tell the story, but I don' t think some of you guys running from chickadees could handle it[]
Old 04-11-2003, 02:13 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Rack-attack,

You even seen " The Birds" ? Those things got the devil in ' em...and probably cooties too! []

Quick Reply: have you ever been attacked by an animal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.