Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 have you ever been attacked by an animal. >

have you ever been attacked by an animal.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

have you ever been attacked by an animal.

Old 04-11-2003, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: have you ever been attacked by an animal.

You got a scar from " bait" . Talk about your wussies!
Old 04-11-2003, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

1)German shepard [X(] That was ' fun' ....

2)In August (2002) I was in Ireland visiting my relatives. My cousin, Francis, and I were walking down a country road to our grandma' s house, we took Francis' dog, Holly with us too. Well about half-way there, we saw what looked to be a cow, this didn' t seem unusual, there are cows all over Ireland. As we got closer, I noticed the ' cow' was in a neighbor' s front yard eating grass. We both thought that was funny [&:]. Then Holly (the dog) runs ahead and barks at the ' cow' . This is where the fun started.

The ' cow' was actually a bull. First it charged the dog, then Holly came running towards us and the bull turned on Francis and me. The bull runs up real close to us, but we ran up on a small bank. The bull did too, but it fell to the other side of the bank and got stuck in that field. It was scary at the time, but afterwards we told everyone, and we were all laughing.

Man, and to think you guys thought a cottantail was scary....[]
Old 04-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

I learn somethings the hard way like don' t try shake a raccoon out of tree .... don' t poke at a porucine with a stick, no that mouse doesn' t want to be picked up... and ducks don' t like to be touched
Old 04-11-2003, 05:08 PM

I got to respond similar to btomlin, Does my wife count??

Not to mention a couple of PO squirrels.
Old 04-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don' t know if this qualifies as an " Attack" but I WAS left sitting in my treestand for over an hour after dark while a family of skunks played at the bottom of my tree..........they knew I was there........I could see it in their calculating beedy little eyes![>:]

My only other encounter was a genuine attack........I had a field mouse run up my pant leg while crouched in a ground blind........I thwarted the attack before it could reach his final destination tho.[]
Old 04-11-2003, 07:17 PM

I never had an animal even think of messing with me
Old 04-11-2003, 08:37 PM

Grouse. Twice, while riding my 4-wheeler. I think it liked the putting sound. It dive bombed me twice hit me in head once and back the other time. It stayed around the entire hunting season. We gunned it when we rode by. He kind of became a pet so we couldn' t shoot him.

Got stuck in a room with a bat once. Me and my buddy fought to get under the table. Screamed like girls. Pretty funny now.

Moved to SC from Pa. for grad school. One day I hear my roommate from Montana yelling. Go in the room and there' s one of those little gekko lizards chasing him. Being that neither of had ever seen these we didn' t know what to do. We pulled a Mikey from Life cereal. I' m not gonna pick it up....you pick it up.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:23 PM
nub

Matt: LMAO That little mouse gathering nuts for the winter? LOL

I was sitting against the last post in an old fenceline on a deer drive when a small 7 pointer runs out of the neighboring woodlot. Armed with my dads old J.C. Higgens 12 ga. pump, I started lobbing slugs as it ran by broadside at about 150 yrds. Out of 6 slugs in the gun, I think I hit him 3 or 4 times. Each hit he would loop back towards me. After the last hit the damn thing was heading right for me. As he was getting closer I could hear this bellering sound. Being all of about 18 or so I was in awe at this buck running right at me now. It was then that I noticed he' s coming for me and I' m out of bullets. As I' m fumbleing to open another 5 pack of slugs, jam a couple into the gun, and stand up, this deer hits the barbed wire a couple feet behind the post I was leaning on. I raised the gun as I' m now freaking out crappin my pants and fire a shot from point blank range and missed! The deer is laying there bawling and blowing air out of one of holes I put in him (not hearing real good either I suppose) and decides he best try and get away. As he ran past me I fired another one right in the pump house and down he went for good. I' m now standing over the buck shakeing in my boots and I hear this laughter from the next ridge. Seems my uncle had a birds eye view of the whole thing and he thought it was funny.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Twice, The first time I had just climbed in my stand about an hour before light on the first day of MD' s bow season, It was also the first time i had ever used a saftey belt, and as soon as I attached it to the tree i settled in and began the long wait for daybreak. All of the sudden, something hit me in my chest area completly nocking the wind out of me and scaring the crap out of me as well, I realized it was somekind of large bird with claws because the wings were hitting me in the face and the claws were tearing the crap out of me, i couldnt get the dang thing away from me. It finally got it' s bearings and flew off, I never did find out what kind of bird it was probably a turkey kicked off the roost by another hunter or an owl would be my guess though. I do know I was very lucky to have started using a saftey belt that very same morning, because i would have ended up 20FT. below for sure.
The 2nd time happened when i was bass fishing in the Lagoon behind my house in FL. The huge bass make putting up with the gator' s that are usually small and just a nusience chasing my bait once and a while well worth it. All the sudden I looked up and noticed what I thought was a big log floating down the lagoon, as it got closer I noticed that it was not a log but a 12ft gator, I stopped fishing and watched as he just floated past me and climbed out of the water across the lagoon on somebody else' s yard. I decided to keep fishing because I was really nailing them, I was using a top water plug when all the sudden the largest bass I have ever hooked took my bait and came flying out of the water, the bass kept jumping and at first the gator paid no attention, but after about the 6th or 7th jump The gator decided to come check out the comotion, He was pretty far away and I had the 12lb bass very close to the shore so i decided to land the fish, well the gator got to me alot quicker than i thought he would I had just pulled the bass up on the bank when the gator got to me, So I decided to break the line, the gator came flying out of the water, right passed the bass that was just flopping on the ground and proceded to come for me with his jaw' s wide open, At first I ran straight away but remembered that gator' s are very fast on land but cant turn and change directions so I made a hard left and was able to get away from him. The next afternoon i decided to try some bass fishing again thinking the gator had probably left the area, so i decided to start fishing again, after a couple cast' s here came the gator again heading right for me, I decided to climb a small tree and was able to get about 5 ft. off the ground to see what he would do, well the the gator decided to go under the water and all the sudded appeared in some weed' s along the bank right under me. he was just waiting for me to start fishing again, he didnt know i was in the tree until I jumped out and ran in the house. I decided to call the gator catcher, but when he came out the gator was no where to be found. The next day I started fishing again, and ofcourse he showed up again, I was leaving the next day to go home and the gator catcher came back out a few times after I was gone but never did find that gator, and I havent seen him since. Pike
Old 04-11-2003, 11:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA
My only other encounter was a genuine attack........I had a field mouse run up my pant leg while crouched in a ground blind........I thwarted the attack before it could reach his final destination tho.[]
Same thing happened to me, about three years ago. Unfortunatly, I had to make a tactical retreat from my FTLs []

Quick Reply: have you ever been attacked by an animal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.