Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 long range bow shooting >

long range bow shooting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

long range bow shooting

Old 01-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: long range bow shooting

ORIGINAL: LRarcher

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

I think I am in the masses to say, LR, if you can do it, buck up and prove it.

Vid.....DE.....O!!! Vid....DE....O

OK buy a video camera to prove to a butch over people I will never meet nor care about that I can ????

are you ok !?!?!?!?!

get over it, look at the 184yd shot video, 100yd is nothing
Yeah, but it's not you doing the shooting.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

LEAVE CHRIST OUT OF THIS

[
Christ

GET OVER IT

the truth hurts
[/quote]
Old 01-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

Worse than the "Spawn of GMMAT" I tell ya.[8D]

No offense Jeff.

LT
At least Jeff has logic and is willing to back up his theories.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:12 PM

who is jeff !?!?!?!

LT your a dumb ****K

EDIT, this is not tolerated. First warning! Rob
Old 01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't read all the replies..and I bet they're on a ramp page......Even the 3D shooters will tear you up if you shoot passed 40 yards..[8D]

But I say....if you're confident......you got a range finder....and you're doing this on a relaxed deer, broadside, in zero wind...

Let the arrow fly brother!!!! Just do it in confidence...you owe it to the animal.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

Let the arrow fly brother!!!! Just do it in confidence...you owe it to the animal.

MR.Michigan I would only shoot to kill at that range if in a survival situation, as you said we owe it to the animal, there are to many what ifs at that range, I thank you for the support.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER

LEAVE CHRIST OUT OF THIS

[
Christ

GET OVER IT

the truth hurts
[/quote]

some one is religious. you say in go we trust yet if others stated their religion and you did not agree I have feeling you would speak out.

which god do you trust in ? their are over 10,000 KNOWN religions on this earth that are not able to be backed by fact SO be more specific.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

LMAO!! A farmer once told me he had a Cow that could jump over his barn, and if I did Not believe it he'd show me a pic of the Barn[8D]

Long range shooting is not that hard. My eyes don't focus like they used to for the extreme long range shots, but everyone else doesn't have my eyes.

I enjoy shooting out to 50-60 yards. That's about my limit anymore. It wasn't always though

Dan
Old 01-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

LMAO!! A farmer once told me he had a Cow that could jump over his barn, and if I did Not believe it he'd show me a pic of the Barn[8D]

Long range shooting is not that hard. My eyes don't focus like they used to for the extreme long range shots, but everyone else doesn't have my eyes.

I enjoy shooting out to 50-60 yards. That's about my limit anymore. It wasn't always though

Dan
Lol!!!

Ive seen your pics of 60yd shots.I know you can shoot

LR- Have you ever shot a round of 5spot???I know seeing your arrow fly at that distance is definatelyfun, adnis a satisfiying accomplishment, but just b/c its only 20yds, dont knock it before you try it Indoor is the ultimate test in form and repitition. I believe if you were to getvery good at indoor style shooting (5spot, or vegas rounds), you would be even better at distance b/c of superb form and consistancy.

Just a suggestion.

Derek
Old 01-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Talking about shooting indoors. That's where my shooting really improved. When I had the Shop with the 12 lane indoor range. A lot of time was spent from Jan. until season, shooting working on form, making a release go off, etc. I ran several indoor tournaments 300 leagues, 450 rounds.

One of the best indoor shooters in the state lives 3 miles or so from me, and is a friend. I never saw him shoot anything but a 300. I also saw him shoot several 60x 300's.

I'm not really sure, but I'd say his average was somewhere around 56,57, to 58 x's maybe better. I do know shooting around those guys for years made me a better shot than I would have ever been on my own. I'm still no tournament archer, but I can give animals a fit

This whole sport really should be about Archers helping Archers, Not arguing over if you use Traditional equipment or Compounds, Crossbows or compounds, Scent Blocker or Blue jeans, 20 yard kills or 50 yard kills.

If you kill a bigger buck than me I'll shake your hand. If you kill a littler Buck than me I'll shake your hand.It doesn't matter if you shot itwith Trad gear or a compound. It doesn't matter if you shot it at 15 yards or 50 yards, or whether you killed it with a light arrow or a heavy arrow. I'm glad for you and I'll give you congrats. There is not a person on here I wouldn't help if they needed it or asked for help.

Way too much division/jealousy in this sport

Dan

Quick Reply: long range bow shooting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.