Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way >

You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way

Old 01-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way

Coming from a 100% climber background and recently adding stix & a hangon to my arsenal has left me with so many more options, with no real drawbacks. At first I was a little slow and unsure setting things up, but after doing it a few times and figuring a decent system, I can be set up with my stix & hang on in the same time as my climber. AND now that I’ve realized I can last all day in my hang on too, the comfort advantage is out the window as well.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I get heated using a climber so when I do I can stop, sit and glass the area. Can I do that theLW way? I don't think so still I wouldn't rule out the LW way, but it wouldn'tbe the only way. Whatever it takes is the way I feel about it.

I have only seen the begining and I don't care for climbing up and down and up. I'd get 2ropes and pull it all upwith one climb.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

To be honest,I have never gotten winded putting up the LW sticks.

I use 1 rope but it is a rope with a treble hook and I can just lower it and hook onto my stand or bow or whatever,after I have climbed the tree,works great.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Don, that's too much trouble to me. Here's what I do. I strap the 1st stick on the tree and then hook the remaining 3 asthey go on the tree but after I hook the straps I throw 2 of them around my neck and have them on my back. I climb the 1st step and hand carry the 2nd one and mount it to the tree, then climb it and remove the 3rd from around my neck and mount it and then do the same for the 4th. I have 2 pull up ropes, one tired to the stand and the other to my bow. Standing atop the 4th step I pull the stand up and mount it to the tree using the hook instead of double strapping, much quicker. I then stand atop the stand and pull the bow up. I use a lineman's belt while hanging and wear a fanny pack for my essentials. Now if the tree has low hanging branch'sor if I have to set the steps going around the treeI will have to climb back down and put the stand on my back and climb back up. Whole process takes about 10 minutes once I arrive at the tree including unpacking it all.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will stick to my sit and climb.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: twildasin

I will stick to my sit and climb.
But there are places that sticks would be great. I like knarly trees. Pines are a great late season area. No climbers there unless you snap off a pile of limbs on the way up.

If somebodys come up with an easy way to use aticks and stand I say great! Got to be better than the traditional way though or I'm not paying extra for nothing just to be part of the fan boy club. To tell the truth ever since Ill. started charging what they do for a tag I've tried to boycot doing business there. Somebodys got to say something. I get the feeling LW is run by the state since they do businees the way they do. Just sell a stand ready to go. Don't make me find out I need this extra and that one. Ticks me off, makes me feel I'm in an argument with a woman. I aint paying for that let me tell you.Unless your my wife and even then I owe her so it's not even close.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

How would you like to use a climber in behind this blind we have on our property.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now that's my kind of blind.

Point made!
Old 01-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

We have many blinds like this on our property,some are even high rises.ALOT of gun hunters where I am at.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

You wouldnt catch me dead in a climber in those woods Tfox, not when theres a blind that nice kickin around!

Quick Reply: You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.