Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way >

You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way

Old 01-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Banned

Default You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way

Pretty cool video that this guy has put out. 7 minutes and 4 steps are installed. All of you guys that say this is hard and you get all sweaty..please explain to me how you sweat and get hot. I just don't get your logic...also where is all of the noise and issue you all claim as an excuse to not hunt this way....I don't get that either. LW and the portable hunting way....Sweet way to hunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3clPFGAwB3s
Old 01-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way

I do not currently use the Lone Wolf Sticks, but who wants to hunt out of "only" climber friendly trees?

I currently employ both fixed stick ladders/hang on stands and my climber. I much prefer walking into the woods and attaching to a safety rope and just climbing the sticks.

The biggest drawback to the fixed sticks is that they are not near as easy to take down and move in on some new sign that you want to hunt. (Too much noise, sweat, and not near as easy to set up as the Lone Wolf seems to be.) This said, I am probably going to get 4 sticks and an Alpha for next season. Use my climber when I feel the need and just run and gun the rest in the thick stuff where climbers just will not cut it. I believe anyone using the technique in that guy's video (through practice), will enjoy this setup more and more. I am going to try it.

LT
Old 01-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

that is pretty cool actually quick enough and easy enough, but i would leave the climbing sticks out there. instead of making that constant noise setting up every time.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

What an amazing pain in the rear end. Why would anyone want to do that EVERYTIME they went into the woods ?

Wouldnt it just be easier to use a climber..?..Takes 30 seconds to set on the tree and climbing is a breeze
So what that guy is doing looks like a pain in the rear....hmmmm...I guess so is getting out of bed. To answer your question..Cause climbers dont work where I live....to use a climber here..you hunt for trees that will work instead of hunting where you want to...that's why

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Why would anyone want to do that EVERYTIME they went into the woods ?
Cause I kill big bucks doing it
Old 01-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Huntinman23

that is pretty cool actually quick enough and easy enough, but i would leave the climbing sticks out there. instead of making that constant noise setting up every time.
And that way you can post the all too familiar thread" SOMEONE STOLE MY STUFF!!!!!!!! or I DONT SEE ANY DEER....AM I HUNTING THE SAME SPOT TOO MUCH.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Wouldnt it just be easier to use a climber..?..Takes 30 seconds to set on the tree and climbing is a breeze

Old 01-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

There is no more noise using the sticks than using a climber.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the video Don, that is pretty cool.I've been there and done that.Like you, Ijust don't get some people's logic.

I could set up in that tree 3 times while he put up his climbing sticks.[:-]
Old 01-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

There is no more noise using the sticks than using a climber.
You are right

Quick Reply: You guys that want to hunt the Lone Wolf way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.