HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What are you like? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/279605-what-you-like.html)

NY Bowhunter 12-22-2008 03:05 PM

RE: What are you like?

I get more nervous on deer that I'm letting walk. When I plan on shooting one I am pretty calm and calculated as it's approaching. When I know I'm not going to shoot and it's going to walk by me for some reason makes my heart race. After I shoot one all hell breaks loose [8D]. I hyperventilate/shakes... all that good stuff.

bowmanaj 12-22-2008 05:39 PM

When I got my first bowkill and walked up on the deer, I was so worked up I couldn't even talk. I tried to talk to my brother but I was just mumbling random words I think. Never been so worked up in my entire life.

rage2blade 12-22-2008 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

When I got my first bowkill and walked up on the deer, I was so worked up I couldn't even talk. I tried to talk to my brother but I was just mumbling random words I think. Never been so worked up in my entire life.
Its a good feeling thats forsure!

marquismarc 12-22-2008 05:44 PM

I shake with excitement

Ben / PA 12-22-2008 05:48 PM

(in my best Stan Potts voice) Give me a minute folks.:D I get pretty worked up. I just don't do the fist pump or anything crazy like that.

dave37 12-22-2008 05:52 PM

i actually just thought of something from this year - short story of it - saw some does was ready standing/bow in hand etc. and cool (i thought). when it came time to draw i did so , she wouldnt stop walking but i couldnt grunt i was hyperventilating so bad i couldnt get any noise to come out ! i had to whistle to get her to stop. thats one ill prolly remember forever. i almost laughed out loud at full draw.

Mikey S. 12-22-2008 06:00 PM

As far as harvesting a buck or doe, they both are very fun, and I get just as thrilled with a big doe on the ground as I do a buck. I'm a pretty calm person, before and after the shot. The moment I live for, is that split second decision you have to sometimes make on a deer and drawing your bow. Sometimes it's so crucial, and pulling it off on an alert doe, or a rutting buck on the move is the rush I live for.

I will say out of 46 deer taken with a bow, half bucks, half does, the one time I got shook up to the point of tears was my one and only P & Y taken 3 years ago. I worked so dam hard to pin this buck down, and when he crashed and expired 50 yards from my tree after I shot, I was in complete shock as to what just happened. I literally hugged him when I pulled him out of the briars, not really realizing how nice he was till I grabbed his rack and held it in my hands.

130woodman 12-22-2008 06:00 PM

I'm so pumped after the shot I need to compose myself before I climb down. Ask Quiksilver I was on the phone with him right after the shot. He still gets a kick out of it. I don't really remember it.

ZachCL 12-22-2008 06:55 PM

As soon as I see that brown/grey tint I get pretty shakey. I love the anticipation of being able to see a deer way off and watch them come in a long ways. My best stand this year where I have taken 3 does so far enables me to see these deer coming for about 300 yrds. I get real shakey whenI make the decision to take a certain deer that I can see, like most of you guys though the real bad stuff comes in after the shot, I loose it then. First thing is thank God, next call my wife after that I sit and enjoy the moment for as long as I can stand to be in the tree. I love bloodtrailing even if I see the deer go down I still walk the trail its just a blast for me. Find the deer and give a huge sigh of relief. Its been said many times here but there is no better feeling, in the world period.

ILLUSION HUNTER 12-22-2008 08:26 PM

I don't get nervous until I decide that I'm going to take a shot on a deer. I get just as exited on a doe as a buck. I love the addrenaline rush, and after the shot I am like a kid. I jump around pumping my fists, probably look pretty silly, but it's hard to control the emotions