HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What are you like? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/279605-what-you-like.html)

HuntingBry 12-22-2008 12:42 PM

RE: What are you like?

As Rob said, "I'm pumped." Buck, doe, whatever I get pretty stoked after the shot. I don't have any gyrations or over the top fist pumping, but there is some celebration that goes on and a little bit of shaking after all is said an done.

I do believe that when I stayin the stand after a shot I might as well have a neon sign with an arrow up there pointing at me because I can't sit still for nothing.

Muliefever 12-22-2008 12:51 PM

I think I stay pretty calm. Until I walk up onto my prize! This year when i shot my Bull, My buddy Dave was right there with me. After the shot he was freaking out. And I was just fine. When I walked up to him, now that is a different story!

Rory/MO 12-22-2008 12:56 PM

I shake like a leaf, until I draw back, or get my gun on the rest. I'm calm for the shot (because I feel comfortable at full draw, or looking through a scope), but after the deer gets out of my sight I get VERY excited. I listen for the deer to crash, then I start calling people from my stand:D. After I get out of the stand and get on the first blood, I get even more excited. And then when I walk up on my trophy, I get completely PUMPED. Turkey hunting's a different kind of pumped for me. When they're gobbling, and you get set up on them, and they're gobbling just out of sight, I shake like a leaf. And I shake like a leaf until we get back in the truck[8D].

BowHuntingFool 12-22-2008 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

These days, Stunned[&:]

Thats funny right there! :D:D:D:D:D:D

mauser06 12-22-2008 01:24 PM

my first shot at a buck, i was way too excited...first year bowhunting...calm as could be till i let the arrow loose...then i about fell from the stand. initially thought 100% i smoked him..i knew he ducked and took it a hair high, but my lighted nock disappeared..i thought for sure it sank into his chest...all i could think of was CALL SOMEONE! grabbed my phone and before i could dial it flew out of my hand to the ground lol. i couldnt calm myself at all...first shot at a deer with the bow and a GOOD buck...would been my biggest to date even...i knew i couldnt sit in that tree but knew i shouldnt move...in fear of falling out, i snuck down and got my feet on the ground and snuck outta there...

the next year, i watched him die...he trotted 15yds or so and stopped and my heart sank...i KNEW i smoked him..i WATCHED IT! but i started 2nd guessing...did i make believe that perfect hit? why didnt he run hard? why is he standing there? grabbing for another arrow and he buckled and fell over dead. heard him suck air 4 or 5 times and that was that...then i just got wayyyy excited. buddy was grouse hunting on the other side of the mountain so i got on the radio and hollered BUCK DOWN!!! he says what kinda hit blah blah..im like NO!!! BUCK DOWN!! lets go! he ran the whole way to me and looked up and the whole tree was shaking...i made him climb up and get my bow so i didnt have to climb down with it lol..(climbed a hemlock tree so no chance for a tow rope!)

before the shot, im fine...but after i know i did good and put a good shot on, i let it go...usually just shaking and excitement..not hootin and hollerin like the guys on tv...i have found its much worse with the bow...maybe because i killed 12 with a firearm and 1 with the bow..i dont know..the only one i got THAT excited with the gun was the first one i about passed out from breathing so hard lol...but this year, i put my buck down with the gun and knew he was done and dead and i was a little excited..just to go see him upclose...just not the same...i think being stuck up in a treestand SUCKS too lol....thats the worst part of it!

Deleted User 12-22-2008 02:19 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

dave37 12-22-2008 02:22 PM

im usually an absolute nut before/during/after the shot (admittidly) i have noticed this year , the first i really got on a lot of deer all year long. i have slowly started to shake this habit (no pun intended).

I can say in all honesty if a doe so much as wAlks up a trail were i could take a shot (even though i know im not gonna) my mind starts racing , heart pumping the whole nine.

ISNT THAT THE POINT OF BEING OUT THERE !

muzzyman88 12-22-2008 02:41 PM

I'm fairly composed before and during the shot. After the shot happens is when I get the shakes and babble like a fool. :D I can still remember my last good bow buck. I saw the shot drill him and watched him run off. I knew he was pretty much dead on his feat. It took me 15 mins in the tree to figure out how to operate my climber and get out of the darn tree!:D Then I went and got my dad. I vaguely remember babbling to him about everything and then we went and found him.

That adrenaline rush you get,the euphoria you experience can't be replaced by anything.

MOhunter46 12-22-2008 02:44 PM

Before the shot im pretty calm but right after the arrow hit i get pretty excited. Then when i find the deer i get excited but i never really show it. Don't knowwhy, just the way ive always been.

Wayne

GregH 12-22-2008 02:57 PM

I'm cool as hell................. which is what I always am.

Glad there is no one there to see me!! [:-]