HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What are you like? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/279605-what-you-like.html)

rage2blade 12-22-2008 11:52 AM

What are you like?

After you shoot a buck or a doe, Do you feel the same?

What do you do?

How dumb do you look, do you think? Are you like the hunters in the videos?

Schultzy 12-22-2008 11:57 AM

RE: What are you like?

I get very worked up!! When I make the climb down from my stand I'm usually still shaking like a leaf. Actually I'm worse after I make the shot then I am when I take the shot.

This bow hunting stuff Is awesome and exciting, I guess It's why I've kept doing It for 24 years straight.

drockw 12-22-2008 12:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I get very worked up!! When I make the climb down from my stand I'm usually still shaking like a leaf. Actually I'm worse after I make the shot then I am when I take the shot.

This bow hunting stuff Is awesome and exciting, I guess It's why I've kept doing It for 24 years straight.
I feel the same way. when im getting ready to make the shot, i take DEEP breaths to keep me from getting shook up to bad. After the shot though, all that goes out the window. Usually i instinctively put an arrow on though for some reason[&:]I guess its just doing without thinking about it. I have to wait until im calm to climb down out of the tree.
Derek

kickin_buck 12-22-2008 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I am exactly the same way schultzy. I will start to look for a new hobby if I ever stop getting worked up like that.

rage2blade 12-22-2008 12:17 PM

I feel the same day! Why would kids do drugs when they could get the ultimate rush killing a deer! I live for the feeling!

BowHuntingFool 12-22-2008 12:18 PM

I'm like Steve, I usually take a seat and take it all in. I can't climb down right away because I'll probably fall from shaking so bad. I love it!

If I ever act like one of those guys on TV, I hope somebody shoots ME.....

rage2blade 12-22-2008 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

If I ever act like one of those guys on TV, I hope somebody shoots ME.....
Nothing is wrong with a little dance of excitment:D

I feel the same way!

rybohunter 12-22-2008 12:33 PM

I think I am actually pretty calm, until I get into my truck to drive home.
I don’t get worked up before the shot, after the shot I do a little but still not to the point of shaking real bad or anything. Historically the things that have left me with the shakes the most are close encounters with no shot taken. I am happy and proud when I shoot a buck or doe, but I don’t holler or get too animated. Typically a big smile and some fast excited talking is about it.
Now the drive home after downing a nice buck when everything kind of settles in and the drag work is done, I’ll let loose with some hoots & hollers and maybe even a refrain of Travis Tritt’s “great day to be alive”.

If/when I am ever fortunate enough to kill an elk, especially if it turns out to be a decent bull… I cannot be held accountable for my reaction.

Germ 12-22-2008 12:34 PM

These days, Stunned[&:]

Schultzy 12-22-2008 12:35 PM

If/when I am ever fortunate enough to kill an elk, especially if it turns out to be a decent bull… I cannot be held accountable for my reaction.
That makes 2 of us Ryan!!:D