Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Harrisburg Sport Show >

The Harrisburg Sport Show

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Harrisburg Sport Show

Old 12-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Harrisburg Sport Show

I'll be working the HuntNut.com booth both weekends and as many evenings as I can make it out there.

For those that haven't been this is one of the biggest if not the biggest show on the east coast and there are a lot of cool products that you'd likely never find if you didn't go to the show. It's definitely worth a trip.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Preacher, I don't know if you're interested or not, but sometimes they have some great(famous) speakers and seminars. Check the schedule and you'll see who's talking or instructing on the day you'll be there. Plan your arrival and time to catch the ones you want ahead of time. When you walk in there will be big newspaper program guide and map to help you around. It's the same thing as the link. In it you can search by type of product or name or booth number. Helps in navigation tremenously. I'd park at the event itself and not park at the remote location where you have to use a shuttle. Parking is $5 at the show and admission is 8-10. If you're positive you're going you can save a couple bucks buying tickets online. Saves you a wait in a longline. I've seen it with thousands lined up waiting for the doors to open. They've improved that some in the past couple years but it's still a line outdoors in the cold. Plan for inclement weather and a wait in it. People will be lined up an hour before it opens. At times it seems like you're cattle being herded shoulder to shoulder but it opens once everyone finds where they want to be. If you've never been it will seem HUGE compared to anything you've seen. It's like being at the NY State Fair only everyone is inside going from place to place. Lots of food scattered around.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to try to get down for a day. I didn't go last year and its really not that big of a deal if I don't make it this year either. It seems its always the same ol' stuff every year.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Do any of you know how the Harrisburgh show stacks up against the Hamburg, NY show?? I am wondering if it's worth a trip down there with Andrew, as the WNY show is just a few weeks away from it ....

Andy, do you have a booth at the WNY show?
No sir I dont have a booth at the Western NY showat moment. I try to stick to real big shows justbecause number of visitors to cover the cost of pulling a 30ft enclosed trailer around gets expensive, although diesel fuel is almost half of what it was last year. It cost me $1400 in fuel to go to the World Deer and Turkey expo in Alabama last year, but, there was a big number os visitors so it helped cover the high fuel/travel costs. I replied to your PM also Tony.