Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Harrisburg show

Old 02-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Harrisburg show

Just got back from the Harrisburg Show today... Went straight to the Cody booth and got Bill Zearing to sign my World Class Slate I bought from him back in 97Bill took the call and played his magic with it... Man that guy can run a slate!!! Anyhow he was glad to see the call and he showed me his new Box call that they just came out with. I'm not much on box calls, but this one is awsome,Treeyelps, agreesive cutting, soft yelps, loud yelps. It does it all!!! Also has some really nice lazer engraving on it..Bill really nailed this call If your looking for a box callcheck it out, I think you'll like it...
Old 02-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Harrisburg show

Yup, was there myself....visited my friends at the Primos booth, visited my friends at the Cody booth, swung by Quaker Boy and chatted with Adrian, introduced my girlfriend...I think Adrian was sidetracked from me when she smiled. Was looking up jalvja...wasn't there today...Met up with Matt/ PA and Kidd....found out Rick James was shooting so I introduced myself to him as well....and his friend from the diabled forum...APAjaws...swung by several times to check in with Chuck w/ ASAT camo....another close friend....Bobby Hart with HART rifles...visited my friends at some other call booths and made other rounds with friends in the industry.....we didn't have a booth there this year which gave me time to network...visited with Gene and Barry Wensel....met Chuck Adams, and some lesser knowns in the industry...all in all was a nice show....I was however disappointed with the selection of manufacturers in the Archery Arena....I wanted some hands on but it seems most were retailers rather than reps....

Bold= HNI members.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like loads of fun for sure,wish I could've been there..
Old 02-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

I grew up in Pa. and went too that show all the time that show is huge kinda miss it they do not have any good expos out here
Old 02-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I,too, use to attend many years ago... now, I don't see the need. If I need anything in the hunting department, I have the internet...but then again, I spend less than 100 bucks a year on the sport... I grew out of the latest/greatest spend the $$ ....glad it hasn't cganged....