Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I never knew...

Old 12-19-2008, 07:51 AM

Default I never knew...

Just from going on the trad forum here and talking with the guys on here that are trad, I never knew there was so much animosity towards the compound from some trad shooters...every guy on here that shoots trad equp has always been polite and non aggressive in our talks..no one has ever frowned on me for shooting a compound or even acted like an elitist when i have asked about shooting traditional...what gives with the hate from some guys on other bow sites, or even just in conversation with a trad shooter?? Like I said, all the trad guys on here are great! But as I have been playing around with the idea of doing some trad shooting and visiting other sites and talking to new people, I get a feeling of shunness, (not really a word is it..) most of the trad guys I talk to are excited about a new guy taking it up, but there have been some that hate it...what is this attitude from a small minority??
Old 12-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I never knew...

That's to bad Landon, a bunch of BS It Is. You will never ever get that attitude from me. People are sometimes all about themselves but I believe It's mostly Insecurity. I've also gotten treated that way on here from some of the compound folks and also a few who shoot both traditional and compound, Insecurity Is an ugly thing!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Dominant Buck

The only issue I ever have when talking trad/compound.....is folks being hesitant to acknowledge something SO apparent (we won't get into specifics). It's the same in circles involving any talk ofmultiple weapons.

I LOVE shooting both. I'm torn on what to take out this time of year.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only issue I ever have when talking trad/compound.....is folks being hesitant to acknowledge something SO apparent (we won't get into specifics). It's the same in circles involving any talk ofmultiple weapons.
I agree GMMAT. It always surprises me that hunters will be so quick to turn on other hunters just because of what weapon thay use. You know.......look down their noses and feel superior.......stuff like that.

I will say though that the trad guys on here are not bad at all..........most of it comes from the compound crowd.

I was thinking of you when I wrote this....(wait a minute...that just doesn't sound right..) you know what I mean Steve...you have always been a class act! and everyone of the guys on the trad forum are as well.
Nontypical Buck

I need all of the crutches that my compound provides over a recurve. I own a recurve and love to fling arrows with it. But there is no way I can shoot as well with it as I do my compound. That is why I put a sight on my bow and scopes on most of my guns.

To each his own.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree GMMAT. It always surprises me that hunters will be so quick to turn on other hunters just because of what weapon thay use. You know.......look down their noses and feel superior.......stuff like that.
Yeah I hear ya, GUS. That's why I always say I have more respect for the trad guys than to post my compound kills in their forum. AND....why I wouldnt post my shotgun turkey kills in this one.

I know no one in either of the other forumshas any disrespect for my manner of taking (both legal and ethical)....but it's my way of showing repsect.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:13 AM

well it's no different than compound guys drilling gun hunters, but that is a whole another thread that I don't wantto start.. Im just suprised that some guys are that childish when it comes to archery weapons...I guess the X bow guys can say the same about trad and compound guys...
Old 12-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

VA these people are in every walk of life, I feel sorry for them! It also bums me out when other hunters put down other hunters because of the way they do things that bring them joy! It hurts us all! I am a hunter, period! I have come to find out the the trad community as a whole are a pretty good group of people, proud to be associated with them! Like you said, they always want to talk about it. But there are the ones that make you go WTF is wrong with this guy, what an idiot!!!! Some guys just need to be seen and heard! They also need to feel superior to others, to me they are missing the point of it all! It's like they are not happy unless they are not happy! I hope I don't come across to anyone this way, if so smack me!

Would you buy a damn longbow or recurve already!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Yeah I hear ya, GUS. That's why I always say I have more respect for the trad guys than to post my compound kills in their forum. AND....why I wouldnt post my shotgun turkey kills in this one.

I know no one in either of the other forumshas any disrespect for my manner of taking (both legal and ethical)....but it's my way of showing repsect.
I guess I was thinking a little deeper than posting pics.....lol. It's more of the condescending (sp?) attitudes toward others whenever a topic is brought up.

I understand not posting "gun kills" on abow web site.....makes sense, but when you come o a hunting forum of anykind it still surprises me that you can find a "I hate gun hunters" thread anywhere. They are here .......all of the time.....

Quick Reply: I never knew...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.