Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I never knew...

Old 12-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I never knew...

GMMAT, I understand. Bow season is not being reduced per say..........gun season is being increased.....right?

No it's not the gun hunters fault, but all to often they take the rap......

Deer Hunting is big business now..........it's sad really.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you answered your own question there...
Old 12-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Dominant Buck

That's why I said "not really"....as my bow season is NOT being reduced. It'll affect me on one property.....as I share it with 3 others who gun hunt. I can tell you.....I think it'll decimate our buck herd, here. These guys aren't exactly Jim Shockey types.....but given an extra month to get "their bucks".....I think they'll handle that task. They have 2 bucks between the 3 of them, this year.......so far. Two of them would shoot ANY male deer.....and one's taken a 75" 7 pointer, so far.

I'm betting they ALL tag out next year on bucks. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you answered your own question there...
Not really. I guess I see it differently. I like to hunt. I took up bow hunting not only for the challenge, but so I could hunt more. It really does not bother me what weapon I am carrying so long as I can hunt.

The fundamental difference is that some only choose to bowhunt. For others like me that just liek to hunt........that's like extending football season.............
Old 12-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunting is just a lot of fun. I really really enjoy it.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you get elitist attitudes no matter where you go. I have seen it here as well as every other forum. People think thier way is the only way and everything else should be illegal and then everything would be perfect. The reality is this attitude only hurts hunting. I don't care what people hunt with as long as they do it legaly and are safe.

I personaly hunt with Selfbows I built as well as compounds and firearms. If it gives me another chance to be in the woods I'm going to use it. So why should I look down on anyone because of thier choice in weapons...

That being said we do have some good folks here in the Trad forum. Mostly I have found a buch of good folks that shoot trad.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Banned

I'll be one of the top of the list as labeled a SOB when it comes to elitist attitudes on trad vs compound.

Understand, I killed a deer with a compound on Oct 2nd then on Nov 15th killed a buck with my trad bow. I've alternated back and forth, for 6 years now, and I have 2 decades compound experience. I qualify as been there and done that.

Let me tell you this - if you think traditional shooters can't look down on compounds without validity in it, then look at how compounders look down on crossbow hunters.

That animosity spews all the way from the P&Y Club who still to this day has a #1 priority of banning them from archery season. Compound shooters HATE crossbows, start a thread and you'll see it and they're proud of it! They'll tell you WHY its not archery or bowhunting in their minds .... what they cannot see is that to trad shooters, compounds are every bit as evil as compounds think crossbows are.

Oh the Irony huh? Those elitist compound shooters find themselves looked down even as they look down.

I've got to go to a Christmas party - I will be back later - but I'll tell you right now, before compounds archery season was recurves and longbows. After compounds, what was bowhunting was compounds, and recurves and longbows were shoved into a "traditonal" category.

Bowhunting is longbows and recurves. That has never changed, though its been forgotten. Compounds are not bowhunting, they are compound hunting, not bowhunting.

I know that will ruffle feathers, but I shoot a compound too - I can say that the deer I've killed with them are great kills, great hunts, accomplishments but I wasn't bowhunting until I went to recurves and longbows.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:23 PM

wow.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

The real point to me Stealthy is that I really do not care one way or another what others think about what weapon I choose. I really don't. I love hunting, but I do live hunting 24/7 where I am so involved with everything that I have to care what others think, especially those people I do not even have any physical contact with on a daily basis. What is even more hillarious is that some people actually think they are better than others. DORKS.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Dominant Buck

I get a feeling of shunness
Gee, imagine that. We have the same thing going on within all the ranks at times on here. The Cliques do their thing and to heck with the rest of the world. I know that's not what you mean.... but it's the same thing. If you're one of the chosen... well you can do no wrong. If you're not... you can do no right. Shunesss??? Yup, it works.

Quick Reply: I never knew...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.