Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Modifications? Lone Wolf Sit and Climb >

Modifications? Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Modifications? Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

Old 12-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Banned

Default RE: Modifications? Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

Well LT..here are my mods I would do ..take it or leave it. Best carrier for the money is a Fieldline pack in Fusion camo at Wally world on sell now for $15-16 reg $20. Amazingly comfortable and high quality pack and Zip strip it to your platform bottom and it will just hang upside down while u hunt. Great camo pattern and the gray blends in well. Then the other mod is to ditch the upper you have and get a hand climber upper and you will have the perfect bowhunting climber, plus u will lose 3 lbs of weight which is a nice deal, considering the handclimber upper is a better seat to bowhunt out of. . Here is the fieldline mounted on my Alpha hangon. Your bottom is the same exact bottom they use on the Alpha. Screw the shoulder straps, a pack mounted like I did is VERY COMFORTABLE.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Great camo pattern and the gray blends in well.
Isn't the camo pattern facing the wrong way to be of any aid to you in that regard?
Old 12-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Banned

The sides of the camo show once it is hanging
Old 12-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice tip, muzzy.

Another thing you may want to do is look at where the two sections contact each other when assembled for packing and put some moleskin on those contact points.

I'd buy the XL traction belts, too -- especially if you follow my advice in the first post and flip those screws over so the bolts won't prohibit the belts from going further down into the platform arms. Matt jokingly said once on here that I could set up in a lollypop stick-sized tree... he's right. If it's big enough to not bend over from my weight, I can get in it.

Take some flat black spray paint (the .97 Wal Mart variety works great for this) and streak the outer flat partof that stand; they dull it down at the factory, but it's prone to wearing off and catching a glint of sunlight. The streaks of black are all it needs.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

OK Coug....step by step.

1. Sit on the sit and climb bar.
2. Dangle legs out to each side of the platform. Kind "grab" the platform between your dangled legs.
3. Cinch your side straps (the ones that connect the upper and lower) down. Platform can't really go anywhere, now).
4. Undo the cam on the side you want to tighten....and just DO IT!

I can also do this with my knees in the seat.....but the way I described is safer.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE TIED OFF WHEN YOU DO THIS! I am all the time.....but I know people who don't tie off while they ascend. If I wasn't tied off.....I wouldn't attempt this.....ever.
Have had to do this a few times myself. Once because my platform was angled up to much, and the other because it was angled down to far. Not as hard as it seems, and Jeff described the technique perfectly.

Shane
Old 12-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

And all this time i thought you were a rookie [8D][8D]
ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

LOL... crick... As someone who took a Summit into the woods probably between 75-120 times a year for the better part of the last decade, I can really envision what you're describing. Trust me, it's WAAAAY easier with the LW.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also....be careful adding anything (tape?) to your stand that can hold scent. That's why I don't do it.

I have not found any problems with the tape holding any scent. I would be far more concerned with the odor produced by painting my stand than I would be with adding tape to it [&:].
Old 12-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Dominant Buck

I painted it before the season started. So did LW.

Anything porous can/will hold scent. Why do people wear rubber boots?

Take it or leave it.....but don't think I willy-nilly threw it out there.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I painted it before the season started. So did LW.

Anything porous can/will hold scent. Why do people wear rubber boots?

Take it or leave it.....but don't think I willy-nilly threw it out there.
That's true, even the seat will hold scent. I typically spray any porous materials, even the paint as the uneven surface can trap odor,with scent killer and then leave my stands/sticks outside under cover (carport generally)all season. It seems to work.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man those stands are expensive!!! They are sold out everywhere ...... the biggest complaint I have seen, is the seat ..... is it uncomfortable???

Quick Reply: Modifications? Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.