Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 True Confessions >

True Confessions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

True Confessions

Old 12-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: True Confessions

I dont have near enough time to hunt. Im a full time Engineering student, and I work consistantly about 25-30 hours per week. I give my success this year, to good shooting (I practice and shoot a TON) when i had the oppurtunity, and luck. I didnt hunt enough this year to find a big buck to take, I relied on my dads info b/c he takes about 30-40 days off per year to hunt. He can usually put me on them b/c he hunts soo much. He is consistant in taking big (better than average) deer, and his vacation time is definately why he can find em. I probably only hunted 15 times the whole season b/c i was so busy. When the oppurtunities came though, I put em down with the bow(1buck,2does=tagged out)
Derek
Old 12-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

Well since LKNCHOPPERS and I have a piece of property well within 'ruttin buck' distance of each other, and neither of us have seen a deer in a month......... ummmmmm

1)Nope, used to be though
2)Nope, although Ive seen more bucks this year than usual
3)Nope....MAYBE 2 days a week...and thats either a morning or evening.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

1.Negative
2. Negative
3. Affirmative

Same here.

I don't have a target rich enviroment.

I don't have a good buck to doe ratio.

Thankfully I can hunt every day at least in the evenings and take two weeks vacation our last 2 weeks (first two in Nov.)
Thanks for typing that Rob. Same here, but that figures as we is about 4 miles apart.