Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 True Confessions >

True Confessions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

True Confessions

Old 12-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default True Confessions

1) If you hunt in a target rich environment just admit it.

2) If the doe/buck ratio is better than average just say so.

3) If you have way more time to hunt than thenext guy own that too.

I have all three of those components on my side. I attribute a good portion of this year's success to those 3things. My persistence, knowledge,and care taking is secondary. I could be as dilligent or careful as I can possibly be but if any of those 3 components were not there, my success would undeniably fall in directproportion.

I don't get it when guys get all huffy and puffy when someone points out the truth. I'm glad to be living where I am and aint ashamed to give credit where due.

Fess up men! or not, boys.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: True Confessions

1. Affirmative
2. Negative
3. Affirmative

The only thing I'll say though....is No. 1 doesn't make buck hunting easier. Hunting where a lot of does frequent is not conducive to good buck hunting.

I have a good number of does on the old grounds I hunt....and a healthy amount of does on the new grounds. I actually hunted a few spots all season and never saw a single doe.

My success (numbers) is directly attributable to the grounds I hunt. I'm not afraid to amit that, one bit.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree totally. I am fortunate enough to hunt in an area that is well managed for big bucks. We've spent a lot of time, money and energy to get our property to where it is now. I won't hesitate to admit that. Our buck/doe ratio is a little on the doe heavy side but we have good bucks there as well.

I attribute all of that to being successful.

The only thing I do not have is a lot of time on my hands.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

1) If you hunt in a target rich environment just admit it- Not even close to a target rich environment. I do have a good number of doe's and fawns and 1.5 year old bucks though.

2) If the doe/buck ratio is better than average just say so- It sucks.

3) If you have way more time to hunt than the next guy own that too- Some years I do have ample hunting time and other years I don't. Most years I don't have the time.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Original: Schultzy1) If you hunt in a target rich environment just admit it- Not even close to a target rich environment. I do have a good number of doe's and fawns and 1.5 year old bucks though.

2) If the doe/buck ratio is better than average just say so- It sucks.

3) If you have way more time to hunt than the next guy own that too- Some years I do have ample hunting time and other years I don't. Most years I don't have the time.
Welcome to my world Steve. Man, I would love to know what a good buck to doe ratio even looks like. As for target rich environment, I guess it is according to what kinda targets you wanna be shootin at. Time to hunt. I usually have more time than good places to hunt. (Too much outside pressure)

LT
Old 12-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Banned

I hunt in the midwest for whitetails...the answer is an obvious yea on all 3.

#3 is even a give me; you eastern boys and you big city boys out west, have traffic or traffic jams. Midwest guys get to hunt while you sit in traffic[8D]
Old 12-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

1. Affirmative
2. Negative
3. Affirmative
Same here and heavy on #3 I have alot of vacation where in work, and normal days off,and NEVER work more that 4 days in a row.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt a target rich area sometimes. In general the overall areas are target rich, but the specific chunks of land I can access may or may not be.
My buck to doe ratio isn’t that great, but isn’t that bad…but what kills me is the MATURE buck to doe ratio is off the charts horrible.
I don’t know where my time ranks. I hunt when I can. My worst years are when I do the most hunting. This year’s archery season I hunted 29 times for 137.5 hrs.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:34 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-17-2008, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

1.Negative
2. Negative
3. Affirmative

This year deer sightings are way down. Sad to say no one I hunt around or with has seen a deer in nearly a month. I am seeking new hunting ground.

Quick Reply: True Confessions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.