Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 numbers and stats....... >

numbers and stats.......

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

numbers and stats.......

Old 12-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: numbers and stats.......

I had check tags from the first 20 or so... then I became a teenager and stopped keeping complete score. I did a talley... looked at the various club records I hunt with... and by my tenth year hunting I'd already broken the 50 deer mark... granted... these are almost all does... and with a firearm.

I started keeping track again (just on # of deer per season) when I started bow hunting... stopped three years ago... mostlly because I was just on the deer and whacked so damn many I stopped caring... but its up around 50-60 with JUST the bow. And at least another 30 hogs or so with just the bow.

Doesn't mean anything other than I used to eat pretty good everynight... haven't shot the first one this year.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am similar to NYB in that I typically don't photograph my kills,I have gotten a little better in the last couple of years with pictures.I have no idea of how many deer I have killed.Many.I don't log sit's,I get out every opportunity I can,the same goes with scouting.I enjoy the woods and am fascinated and challenged by matching wits with mature bucks.There are very few places I would rather be,than in the woods.
I don't feel a need to keep track of what I saw and when and what weather conditions are conducive to deer movement,but I appreciate those who keep track of these things.I tend to believe those things would confirm what my experiences have shaped with my approach.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know how many deer ive killed because ive only killed 9 with all weapons, thus, I can count them on my fingers. I'll loose count either when I shoot one more, or someone chops my right thumb off.[8D]