Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long) >

Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

Old 12-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

I'd love to hear the Hoyt rep's side of this...
Old 12-17-2008, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

For those of youwhothink this new user is a troll, I have to disagree.

Chris is an open and understanding person. It appearshe believes he's been wronged and he's just letting people know. He sounds frustrated but he's not bashing or badmouthing, just telling the story and he sees it.

If I'm not mistaken Chris also runs the 3dshoots.com forums which are very well moderated and maintained. I see he also posted his thoughts on there too.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:15 AM
Bartender

Thank You BTS they always quick to judge lately.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:28 AM
Dominant Buck

This doesn't sound too unlike my local shop owner's exerience.....except he was promised the line.....and it never materialized. He sells Bowtech, Mathews, PSE.....but wanted the Hoyt line for one reason. He sponsors one of the local HS shooting teams (National Champions a few times over), and they've been shooting Hoyts for years (Yet he STILL decided to sponsor them....even though he doesn't carry the line). He wanted to be able to provide them with their needs. He was told he'd get the line. Never materialized. Rep decision.

This is after the new Hoyt Rep. (who used to be the PSE Rep) stored his mounts (10-15 of them) in my shop owner's shop for over a year.....because he had nowhere else to put them.

I have nothing against Hoyt. I don't know anything about their bows. I think they likely (it sounds like) have some issues they need to iron out with their rep. staff, though.

Although I shoot a BT....I wouldn't shoot it if I thought the BT rep was an ******* towards my shop owner. Nobody's product is so much in demand that there isn't another choice. Some of these reps seem to be banking a LOT on the loyalty of some shop owners. Hoyt is big in many areas. Currently, here.....I don't know a single bowhunter in my area who shoots one. Not one.

Maybe that rep. will get transferred here. I wonder if he'd change his tune?
Old 12-17-2008, 05:54 AM

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

For those of youwhothink this new user is a troll, I have to disagree.

Chris is an open and understanding person. It appearshe believes he's been wronged and he's just letting people know. He sounds frustrated but he's not bashing or badmouthing, just telling the story and he sees it.

If I'm not mistaken Chris also runs the 3dshoots.com forums which are very well moderated and maintained. I see he also posted his thoughts on there too.
If the name Bowtech was substituted for Hoyt, would you still be defending this guy?

I too think he may have been wronged, but it certainly wasn't by Hoyt from his story. His old staff shooter screwed him, big time. Im not sure how Hoyt is responsible?
Old 12-17-2008, 05:55 AM

Wow! I think where most of this started is when your ex-worker jumped ship to start his own lemonade stand. 14 miles away! To close! I think I would be talking to that guy and come up with a solution. It seems to me that he and the rep have a relationship or some line of communication that made the deciding factor to pull your dealership.

I agree with you. How can pulling your dealership sell more bows? And with the economy in turmoil, your not going to sell as many period.

I witnessed a conversation at a Bowtech dealership, that ended much like yours. The owner calls his rep to purchase more limbs and was unable to get in contact with him. He calls and complains to the regional rep, so they pull his dealership....don't make sense. What the crap do theses reps do to get paid....not provide customer service?

Well, I hope everything works out for you and if I were you, I would talk to your ex-employee and get some issues panned out. That's were the problem is. Good Luck.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:58 AM
Dominant Buck

If the name Bowtech was substituted for Hoyt, would you still be defending this guy?
I'm guessing Pat would have a little talk with the BT rep....or the BT rep's boss, though.

If you get to the level of mgmt within a company the OP did, Trevor.....and they defend the rep's actions (silence = assumed consent)......how does the Co. not have culpability? That's a fair question.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:07 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm guessing Pat would have a little talk with the BT rep....or the BT rep's boss, though.

If you get to the level of mgmt within a company the OP did, Trevor.....and they defend the rep's actions (silence = assumed consent)......how does the Co. not have culpability? That's a fair question.

Good question. If the rep was completely in the wrong, it does reflect poorly for Hoyt. But I just can't see how everyone is overlooking the fact his old staff shooter is the culprit here. He obviously told Hoyt things he shouldnt have, and possibly made some stuff up too. I agree with Swamp Collie on how it went down, I just think the old shooter did some conniving and talked the rep into throwing him a dealership. Then his would expectedly be yanked, being to close. My question is how are dealerships informed normally? Does Hoyt always mail letters and call from the top, or is it up to the local rep to cut the dealership loose? Again, I feel the main culprit is the old staff shooter. While the rep didn't handle things perfectly either, this guy needs to look at it from the other side. He isn't selling enough bows, compared to what the other shop could. As a Hoyt rep making a living off of #s sold, would you stick with your current dealer when a new shop agrees to buy and sell more Hoyts, pushing them as the main line of the shop?

IDK, I'm just trying to see both sides. Yea he got screwed, but IMO by his old buddy...Not Hoyt Corporate. But I know nothing about the politics of the archery industry, so this is all based off a first time posters account of how he was screwed by the big man. I would love to hear the reps story to help see if there is another side. Maybe there isnt.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

what is this "Hoyt" that you all speak of?
Old 12-17-2008, 06:27 AM
Dominant Buck

As a Hoyt rep making a living off of #s sold, would you stick with your current dealer when a new shop agrees to buy and sell more Hoyts, pushing them as the main line of the shop?
If I'm a salesman getting paid on the number of bows I sell......I don't give a flip WHObuys them from me. More the merrier. The territorial based franchisees .....I would see as a hinderance to my livelihood. I'd want EVERY shop to have them!

Quick Reply: Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.