HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)
Old 12-17-2008, 05:28 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

This doesn't sound too unlike my local shop owner's exerience.....except he was promised the line.....and it never materialized. He sells Bowtech, Mathews, PSE.....but wanted the Hoyt line for one reason. He sponsors one of the local HS shooting teams (National Champions a few times over), and they've been shooting Hoyts for years (Yet he STILL decided to sponsor them....even though he doesn't carry the line). He wanted to be able to provide them with their needs. He was told he'd get the line. Never materialized. Rep decision.

This is after the new Hoyt Rep. (who used to be the PSE Rep) stored his mounts (10-15 of them) in my shop owner's shop for over a year.....because he had nowhere else to put them.

I have nothing against Hoyt. I don't know anything about their bows. I think they likely (it sounds like) have some issues they need to iron out with their rep. staff, though.

Although I shoot a BT....I wouldn't shoot it if I thought the BT rep was an ******* towards my shop owner. Nobody's product is so much in demand that there isn't another choice. Some of these reps seem to be banking a LOT on the loyalty of some shop owners. Hoyt is big in many areas. Currently, here.....I don't know a single bowhunter in my area who shoots one. Not one.

Maybe that rep. will get transferred here. I wonder if he'd change his tune?