Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long) >

Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

Old 12-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

[8D]Holy crappola Batman... I didn't realize it was the guys first and only post. I'm sure we only heard the edited version from one side of the story. LOL Trolls do seem to appear from time to time. LOL I don't know how I missed that. It's usually the first thing I look for on a thread or post like this. MY bad. Hoyt probably did good. [8D][8D][8D]
Old 12-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

[8D]Holy crappola Batman... I didn't realize it was the guys first and only post. I'm sure we only heard the edited version from one side of the story. LOL Trolls do seem to appear from time to time. LOL I don't know how I missed that. It's usually the first thing I look for on a thread or post like this. MY bad. Hoyt probably did good. [8D][8D][8D]
Not his first time here.Do you believe in karma?
Old 12-16-2008, 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Why not stay with Bowtechand try and pick up Mathews?
Hoyt aside and granted I do not visit many shops...........I have not seen a shop carrying Bowtech and Mathews side by side. The only one I knew of no longer carries Bowtech(heard BT took his dealership away with good reason).
My local shop carries Hoyt, Bowtech and Mathews.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I missed it too about being his first post [&:]....Seems weird you'd post that as your first post...

If its true its sucks.... I don't take one persons word for anything. Though if I have a bad experience I like to let others know so they can research and hopefully not get burn....I just don't do that on a first post...

Old 12-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Host of Hosts

My local shop carries Hoyt, Bowtech and Mathews
My shop does too!
Old 12-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love my Vulcan
Old 12-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

I love my Vulcan
The Vulcan is a great bow. I love my Vectrix as well.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

My local shop carries Hoyt, Bowtech and Mathews
My shop does too!

Mine too.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

I love my Vulcan
The Vulcan is a great bow. I love my Vectrix as well.
I like the Vectrix I have that's up for sale too, just not as much as the Vulcan
Old 12-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

Under anti-trust laws a dealership can be pulledfor a variety of reasons, including a preference for those who carry a full line of their products, the desire to maintain a certain "image" for the product line, or the ability to maintain a minimum volume of business to minimize distribution costs. The antitrust laws do not interfere with business decisions like these as long as the manufacturer acts unilaterally and not as part of a scheme to monopolize a market.

In today's world many companies are working to have their customers identify with their particular brand. Many companies will rely on the reps to help in selecting what dealers support the brand. For example, Harley Davidson dealers are now required to have a certain requirements outside of number of units sold, to help support the image Harley has worked hard to develop.

I guess my comment is this, you said that you were eligible for co-op dollars, yet you failed to utilize them ? Not sure why, but that reduce your out of pocket advertisment expense. Second, if you are selling more of the other brands, for me I would not let it get to me. Not worth wasting the time if it is not a big seller in your store.

All in all it sounds like you had a bad experience from the beginning, and that is a shame. As a former dealer and a consumer in today's world, I believe that Hoyt has always had the image and standard of producing high quality products and was usually supported by a good group of field reps who were willing to assist and promote thru the dealers.

If that is not what your getting, move on to someone. As far as the rep, in my world now, its not about the product, its about the rep assisting you in the growth of your business.

Quick Reply: Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.