Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions >

Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions

Old 12-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions

ORIGINAL: Germ

It took me awhile, but I am a SL shooter these days
Damn Gary, I'veseen it imputed before that you are one smart dude but neverthought to giveit any real credence. Now I am convinced!
Old 12-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I think I'm gonna go with a G5 Striker magnum 125gr. I'll lose VERY little in KE (2-3FP's).....and I think I'll appreciate the extra momentum produced.

Thanks for all of your inputs. There's likely a LOT of great heads I could go with....but I like being able to replace the blades on a whim.

Hopefully I'll get to try one out in the urban season.....in NCHunterman invites me over!
I haven't checked the regs this year Jeff, I'm not sure they are having an extended season? From what I understand it's been open the whole season, but if they have one i've got one lot secured and you're more than welcome to give it whirl. I've not set foot on this place since late September in which I seen 3 does.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

nvmd...i posted wrong info
Old 12-16-2008, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

I haven't checked the regs this year Jeff, I'm not sure they are having an extended season? From what I understand it's been open the whole season, but if they have one i've got one lot secured and you're more than welcome to give it whirl. I've not set foot on this place since late September in which I seen 3 does.
I'll check, Brandon (NCWRC), but I'm pretty sure they'll have the urban season in Elkin again this year.

I'm down to doe tags.....but would be interested in a Saturday sit here and there. Since I haven't taken one in a while.....I now have people asking for venison.

I'll shoot you a PM when I find something out.

And....thanks.

**Edit.....just checked....and it's set for 1/10/09 - 2/14/09. Let me know.....and I'll be there.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have zero complaints about my montecs as well. I can sharpen one of these broadheads in about 5 minutes. 5 minutes of my time is a heck of a lot cheaper then buying replacement blades. And I have never had an issue tuning my montecs.

If it gives a you a warm fuzzy feeling...a friend of mine shoots less then 50 pounds on her Parker and she even gets pass throughs.

I believe any fixed blade that is sharp will do the job you are wanting. When it comes down to it, you should just find one that shoots well with your setup. Sometimes certain broadheads just won't fly worth a hoot.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:07 AM

don't know about those two heads...I think the G5 striker are good. I do know that Slick Tricks fly just like a fp...I had to finish a deer off with them after a Rage spine shot...