Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions >

Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions

Old 12-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions

I use montecs and won't be looking for a different broadhead anytime soon. They fly true as true can be IMO. I would dare to say better than my field points. Like others have said they can be sharpened easily. Can't remember the last time I didn't have a passthrough with one. The only thing I don't like is the noise the make while flying. Maybe it's just me, but I detect a rattlesnake kind of sound.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey Chris....

Knowing I'm gonna shoot a few times a season.....would ou suggest the Strykers? They look pretty impressive....and they are the same size as the others.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I use my arrows with the 125 gr tip then it is likely that the G5 striker would be on them. Those BH's are seriously sharp and have flown great when I tested them.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Hey Chris....

Knowing I'm gonna shoot a few times a season.....would ou suggest the Strykers? They look pretty impressive....and they are the same size as the others.
Do you mean will you be able to reuse them? Strikers, possibly, G5's most likely. I never worry about screwing on a fresh BH. I have used the G5's on mutiple targets though.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Dominant Buck

JUst saying the fact that the blades can easily be replaced would be a good selling point for re-using the strikers.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

JUst saying the fact that the blades can easily be replaced would be a good selling point for re-using the strikers.
You won't be disappointed with the strikers. Your arrow will be at POE.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Montecs and have never had any problem with durability. I have actually shot 3 deer with the same head now and don't plan on switching any time. They are easy to sharpen, and the tip will bend a bit. All I did to fix this wasa just sharpen it back to a point.

All my heads fly true and their penetration is great.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gmmat, what heads are you shooting with your Longbow???? Why not shoot the same ones with your compound! Have you tried the Snuffers yet???? Thats what I used on the buck I killed this year, pass thru and a great blood trail while busting a few ribs goin in and out! I don't see why these would be a bad idea for a compound bow???
Old 12-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

the strikers are THE sharpest broadhead i have ever seen.... and penetration, well my dad shot a bear this year and the striker went through both shoulders and then went thru its foot and stuck into the ground!
Old 12-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Gmmat, what heads are you shooting with your Longbow???? Why not shoot the same ones with your compound! Have you tried the Snuffers yet???? Thats what I used on the buck I killed this year, pass thru and a great blood trail while busting a few ribs goin in and out! I don't see why these would be a bad idea for a compound bow???
Ive got (forgive my ignorance) some kind of Magnus 2 blade on the longbow arrows. I need to stay with a 100gr. BH, though (actually lose KE when I go to 125gr.) and the trad. heads are 125gr.

Quick Reply: Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.