Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The best bows out there... >

The best bows out there...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The best bows out there...

Old 12-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The best bows out there...

We need this type of talk ....we spend too much time sugar coating our beliefs.......get out there and argue with one another....end with a hand shake...

And never...ever....ever....let ice form on your beard....it causes glare while hunting in Wisconsin.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Banned

dang Alyssa..u are pickin on me[:@][&:]...I used to shoot a recurve, now I have to have a $1000 setup with a peep and a release. It is so accurate for me though. That is my answer. I just suck with my recurve compared to my Bowtech.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

LMAO This has been the best 7 pages ever! Here was my 07spork kill:

Thats right... I said SPORK. Beat that folks.

On a more serious note I have a Diamond Edge bow that I am completely in love with but I'd love to pick up a long bow again some time when I can afford it.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cause she's a woman..

get it?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

ORIGINAL: GregH

I've been saying this for years! I took my biggest buckwith my old bow and haven't come close to it since I switched to the newer ones. Next year, I'm going back to "Old Faithful"

I betcha don't.

I really don't think the bow has anything to with it, as long as you have confidence in what your shooting. As long as you know you can put the arrow where it needs to be consistantly, you're good to go.

By the way, I am getting a new bow this year.
I'd be afraid the cables would explode on that old thing.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingirl89

IF I may... I will add that I think it is entirely more possible to take a better buck with an older bow. [8D]
That is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard lol!!!!

BTW, Can you shoot a 60x with your old traditional bow? I didnt think so! Dont think anyone else could either.The new bows may be all but necesarry but... theconsistancyof a compound is unparalelled by any other stick shooter.

What about an elk at say... 55yards. How confident do you feel taking that shot with the 180fps bow. Sure I could shoot a deerjust fine with a bow made back in 1812 by tonto the indian. I dont want to though.

Either way, if you can put em down, you can put em down and i cant argue with that. One guy on here took a dinosaur with a spork! I guess that makesus alllook like major douches' for even using bow[:-]Happy hunting[8D]
Derek
Old 12-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

Either way, if you can put em down, you can put em down and i cant argue with that. One guy on here took a dinosaur with a spork! I guess that makesus alllook like major douches' for even using bow[:-]Happy hunting[8D]
Derek
Nope, just you!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks 2lunger
Derek
Old 12-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

i used to shoot a PSE bruin ( which was a starter bow ) then i got a brand new 2007 left over PSE scorpion which is heavy but shoots like dream and extremely quite, but i'm gonna lean towards the new technology
Old 12-11-2008, 08:13 PM

What a bunch of sissy's! Why shoot at 'em? I wait till they get under my stand and jump down and wrestle 'em to death.

Quick Reply: The best bows out there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.