Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The best bows out there... >

The best bows out there...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The best bows out there...

Old 12-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The best bows out there...

I sell bows for a living. And work on them for a living.

So, in the interest of financial self preservation, I feel that old bows suck, and are totally inhumane, unethical and improper to hunt with.

If you hunt with a bow more than 6 months old.... SHAME ON YOU!

Seriously though... one of the smoothest bows I have ever drawn.... old Bear Blacktail Hunter Compound.... holy crap if they could make them that smooth today.... doesn't shoot much over 160fps and sounds like a string bass... but man the draw is smooth.

Equipment is totally personal preference. If you can afford it and want it.. hell buy it... have fun with your money.... leave it with me....

If you are happy with what you have.... GREAT! Thats awesome... every recurve I have is at least 35 years old... same age as my main squeeze Wingmaster 12ga. They all work as good as I do.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I really don't think the bow has anything to with it, as long as you have confidence in what your shooting. As long as you know you can put the arrow where it needs to be consistantly, you're good to go.

Best quote on this thread so far. Some people on here just don't get that... cough, cough, bitterroot!
Old 12-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hntngirl

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

ORIGINAL: hntngirl

I can't believe people even spend money on bows. I made my best bow out of a BBQ fork and a bungee cord.
Granted, it only had a range of about 8 & 1/2 feet, but with my skills, that's all I needed.
And when exactly was the last time you killed something? And you running to Illinois tonight does not count!!
Pictures don't lie, buddy.

(And Illinois ain't all that far.)

Were you hunting over a bait pile or a food plot when you took this animal? And for a broadhead, I bet you probably used an old Fred Bear Razor head too. That's a good choice in my opinion. They'll out perform all those high dollar expandables every single time.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

A burnie custom r-d longbow. In osage and bambo, or even brazilian walnut and bamboo. I hear they are the tops.
Burnie...when should I place my order for one of these? Seriously...I really want one this spring after I get some tax money!! If you are interested in making me one that is...
Ive got two going right now and trying to find time to work on them. Ive got an Ipe bamboo, and a Ipe, white oak with rattle snake skin for a backing. Ive got a butt load of furniture to make as well in the next two weeks. Remind me when you are ready, I get real serious with my bow making in the spring and summer.
Well buddy...take this as notice. Put my name on your list and when you get to going...shoot me a message so we can work out details!! I don't want to miss out on a burnie special!!
You bet ya. The woods ive got seasoned and ready to go are Brazilian walnut and bamboo. Which makes one of the best bows. All the osage I have was just cut and will take about 8-10 months to cure. Ill P.M. you with some specifications and see what you are looking for.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

If you don't buy a new bow you are contributing to the recession!
Old 12-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 12-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

7 pages...I am impressed!!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot both trad style and compounds. I've killed with both.

I won't go into my long winded shhhpealsss on how we should appreciate the trad. bows and how they bless a hunter... Besides , SHultzy is the only one that responds to me[8D]

On the flip side - INDIANS TRADED FERS FOR THE WHITE-MANS MUSKETS
Old 12-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hooker

Expensive bows = pussification of America
This dudes awesome.

You have to check out where he's from. I'm still laughing.

Can we be friends?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why can't Helen Keller drive?

Quick Reply: The best bows out there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.