Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Before/After photos of my last doe >

Before/After photos of my last doe

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Before/After photos of my last doe

Old 12-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Before/After photos of my last doe

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Looks good but why don't u trim all of the fat and membrane off before you freeze or prepare the meat? It tastes better without that junk flavoring the meat.
I think this is the first time I don't agree with Schultzy too[:-]. I'm a meat cutter by trade and cut up alot of deer for other folks. I take 99% of the fat off. If you want juicy and tastey then just go get some pork/lamb/beef fat from the local butcher....... its free and you can eat it too. Tie it on.
I've eaten deer ribs and loved them.......... I've eaten deer ribs and spat them out........ then spent hrs trying to scrape the fat off the roof of my mouth. Deer fat is like candle wax.......[:'(].
You wnat moist try this. Take a section of loin. I eat about 6-8" in a sitting. Season it like you want. Now heat upm a cast iron frying pan and put it in. Turn over after 2.5 minutes. When cooked on both sides place in preheated oven at 350 for about 12-15minutes. 12 min being rare and 15 being med rare. You want it med..... med well leave in for 20 minutes.
Try this on your next batch of sausage. Cut out all the deer fat and add only a 30% mixture of pork(lean--16%). You'll spend less money on pork and you have a beter product.
Another thought for ya. FAT goes rancid (even in the freezer) before the meat does. Once the fat turns the rest of the meat is done.
Like I said I play with meat everyday. And have done so for a long time. In fact I got into meat cutting b/c of hunting. This yr I started working part time for a small butcher shop. He is Austrau/Hungarian....... makes sausage that you would kill for. Bavarian loaf......... mmmmmmmmm.

You wanna know about meat............ JUST ask.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sandilands

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Looks good but why don't u trim all of the fat and membrane off before you freeze or prepare the meat? It tastes better without that junk flavoring the meat.
I think this is the first time I don't agree with Schultzy too[:-]. I'm a meat cutter by trade and cut up alot of deer for other folks. I take 99% of the fat off. If you want juicy and tastey then just go get some pork/lamb/beef fat from the local butcher....... its free and you can eat it too. Tie it on.
I've eaten deer ribs and loved them.......... I've eaten deer ribs and spat them out........ then spent hrs trying to scrape the fat off the roof of my mouth. Deer fat is like candle wax.......[:'(].
You wnat moist try this. Take a section of loin. I eat about 6-8" in a sitting. Season it like you want. Now heat upm a cast iron frying pan and put it in. Turn over after 2.5 minutes. When cooked on both sides place in preheated oven at 350 for about 12-15minutes. 12 min being rare and 15 being med rare. You want it med..... med well leave in for 20 minutes.
Try this on your next batch of sausage. Cut out all the deer fat and add only a 30% mixture of pork(lean--16%). You'll spend less money on pork and you have a beter product.
Another thought for ya. FAT goes rancid (even in the freezer) before the meat does. Once the fat turns the rest of the meat is done.
Like I said I play with meat everyday. And have done so for a long time. In fact I got into meat cutting b/c of hunting. This yr I started working part time for a small butcher shop. He is Austrau/Hungarian....... makes sausage that you would kill for. Bavarian loaf......... mmmmmmmmm.

You wanna know about meat............ JUST ask.
I love being right [:-]
Old 12-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Rancid? Hell I shot her 11/5!

I don't eat the fat, guys! When I eat watermelon.....I limit that to the red part, too!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Rancid? Hell I shot her 11/5!

I don't eat the fat, guys! When I eat watermelon.....I limit that to the red part, too!
the point is, when you cook with that nasty stuff on, it taints the meat ... but as I said, to each his own
Old 12-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Dominant Buck

You're right, Tony.....I'm wrong. That stuff I cooked, tonight, was AWFUL.....lol.

I've eaten deer ribs and loved them..........
I read that part, too. But really.....ALL I really needed to know.....I had for dinner.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

You're right, Tony.....I'm wrong. That stuff I cooked, tonight, was AWFUL.....[&o]
Try butchering it my way and you will enjoy it
Old 12-10-2008, 08:29 PM

You're right, Tony.....I'm wrong. That stuff I cooked, tonight, was AWFUL.....lol.
but could it have been better without the fat? i think thats all their trying to say.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know one thing PT, that jerky is pretty awesome....Even if I did do both of the "HEAT" ingredients.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

I know one thing PT, that jerky is pretty awesome....Even if I did do both of the "HEAT" ingredients.
Hey Aaron, I was wondering how hot that ended up
Old 12-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Hey Aaron, I was wondering how hot that ended up
Not bad, I start to feel it pretty good after about 3 pieces though.[8D]

Quick Reply: Before/After photos of my last doe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.