Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BT captain and AM32 >

BT captain and AM32

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BT captain and AM32

Old 12-06-2008, 01:29 PM

Default BT captain and AM32

I went and had the pleasure off shooting these two bows today! I loved the captain. The draw was silky smooth and there was absalutely no creep what so ever. As stated before by others, zero torque in the hand. A dream to shoot.

Th AM32 was another nice bow to shoot. The draw was a little tuffer at the middle to end of cycle. The torque was pretty nice also.

Speeds: 390 grain arrow

captain 60 pound limbs on 64 lbs 282
AM32 70 pound limbs on 70 lbs 296

WHAT IS UP WITH THE ADMIRAL? I was looking at this bow and when I asked to shoot it the guy working the shoot said that the bottom cam hits the cable when the bow is draw. And then i drew the bow and you could feel the cam hit the cable when you drew. I asked, are all of the admirals like this and he said YES. I was not aware of this situation. WHAT DO YOU THINK???? I know for sure the cam catches the cable.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BT captain and AM32

Funny. Mine doesn't. Nor did Matt's when he hunted with me. I know eight or nine guys personally that have Admirals, and none of theirs do.

Could he have one in his shop that did? I'm sure he did if you saw it and personally handled it... but to say they all do would be a stretch. Hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of threads on the forums from guys proclaiming them to be the best they've ever purchased. Wouldn't be happening if they "all" did that.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Funny. Mine doesn't. Nor did Matt's when he hunted with me. I know eight or nine guys personally that have Admirals, and none of theirs do.

Could he have one in his shop that did? I'm sure he did if you saw it and personally handled it... but to say they all do would be a stretch. Hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of threads on the forums from guys proclaiming them to be the best they've ever purchased. Wouldn't be happening if they "all" did that.

Hey Greg I have heard a couple such instances like this over the net. I've sold six of them personally, have three in the shop currently and I haven't seen one do this either. Had you heard anything at all.

BTW.... shot the Ross Carnivore 31 today.... WHISSHHHHHHH..... hate the grip.... but otherwise..... whoa.... silky smooth and deadly silent.... feels like holding a grasshopper real loose in your hand and havin him try and hop out when you shoot it.... just a tiny little sensation that something happened.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:46 PM

Thanks for the input. I am lucky enough to have another shop close by that i can check out the admirals there and see what he has to say. But that captain, i am not going to be able to forget that feeling.

I am going to be moving out of an 05 ally. Which i love and has been great to me. But after shooting the captain i think it is time to update. The plan was to update my bow every five years but after shooting those i am not sure if i will make it.

Thanks for the Input!!!
Old 12-06-2008, 09:41 PM

My first Admiral had just the problem you mentioned with the cable rubbing ( I got the first one the shop had and noticed on three others they got a few days later also). The Bowtech Rep said this was an issue with other Admirals and they were changing the cams. I since have been blessed with a BRAND NEW replacement Admiralvia the excellent Bowtech Warranty Dept. No issue thus far with my new one and it ROCKS! I have had the replacement about 3 weeks now and have had zero issues or rubbing.

The Admiral is the bow of my dreams a perfect combinaton of my two all time favorite bows the Tribute and the Guardian.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:00 AM

Buck 442 and other admiral shooters, what kind ofSPEEDS are you getting? Can you please mention the arrow WT, DL, and LBS. I am interested to see with them all set up.